National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Did two interviews over the phone-one with the in-house headhunter, the other one with the regional manager and took a personality test (which was surprisingly in line with my perceived strengths/weaknesses)-then I did a ride-along with the area representative. Ride along was very instructive-they are selling memberships in a business advocacy group that is very needed; yet the ride-along was insightful in how they had to misrepresent themselves to get in the door. Dubious tactics for a noble cause-not my cup of tea. After ride-along there was no way I could work for this outfit. Their product is needed and noble-they don't need deceptive tactics to sell it!

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Worcester, MA).

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter. I responded. I then had phone interview with the recruiter. I then was given a website where I could research the organization and its product. I then had a few days to prepare a presentation (a 5-minute overview of the company) and present it to the recruiter over the phone. The recruiter stopped me before 5 minutes was up and continued on to more in-depth questioning. He then set up a phone call with a manager at the company. That manager then set up a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, who then scheduled me to shadow a current rep in the field. Meanwhile, I was emailed the on-boarding paperwork. After my shadow day, I received an email stating that this was not a good fit after all.

Interview Questions

• How much money I wanted to make   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Olympia, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted by NFIB employment rep who proceeded to explain the company and the "service" they sell. She indicated this was a straight commission based salary with possible bonuses when meeting quotas. Later in interview she asked how I would handle the high rate of potential client rejection!

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Recruiter very rude and hung up precisely after I told him that straight commission after 4 weeks of training was not in my comfort level.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in June 2010.

Interview

Initial phone contact only describes the postion and acts as a filter to determine if the candidate wants to proceed. This initial contact and the subsequent phone interview were done with the same recruiter whom I never met in person. The phone interview was not complex or difficult. Afterward, I took an online questionnaire/personality profile. A couple weeks later I met a more local district or regional manager for an in-person interview. This interview is the one I rate as difficult. It seemed very methodical in the way I was asked questions. I wouldn't be surprised if all interviews for this same position are the same. If I had been successful in that interview, I would have been asked back for a second in-person interview. But, alas, twas not to be.

Interview Questions

• Role play scenario in which I was asked to read one page of information and then answer questions as though I was a salesperson selling law firm retainers to small businesses.   Answer Question

State Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was largely behavioral, asking for my impressions or wide ranging topics and what different ideas "mean to me". My resume was completely ignored, as it was expected that I provide my experience through story telling that fit the interviewer's needs. I felet the interview went well, but was not offered the position.