National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Kingston, PA).

Interview

Hard learning 6 pages in reviewing multiple papers they give you touche your knowledge of what they actually do and to recite all 6 Pages for verbatum to complete the entire interview process and 60 to move to the next level

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Tel screening following typical resume & cover letter submission. Meeting with DM. Screened for desperation level and thick skin. If you're fawning for it, given assignment to memorize their script, word for word, to be read back to DM at later time. If done well, hired. Despite ads for salary or expenses, lies, twisted truths. zero salary, zero reimbursements, use own gas.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle making cold calls, alot?   1 Answer

Negotiation

What negotiation? Take it or leave it. Commission only. The job requires strong sales skill but pays only the level of a newbie fresh out of high school level...Zero

National Federation of Independent Business Response

Mar 10, 2016 – HR Programs Coordinator

Let me clarify the NFIB sales position. NFIB recruits for outside sales representatives across the country. This position features a base, weekly expense reimbursement and monthly commissions, for... More

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is as follows: resume submitted to a recruiter,then a district manager. After district manager decides resume meets criteria, then a meeting takes place with divisional manager. The divisional manager personally calls the prospective candidate to arrange the time of the interview. During the interview the company history is discussed. Who started the company and why. The current objectives that NFIB has as well as future goals to represent the important issues a small business owner has today.

Interview Questions

• Level of experience with small businesses and in what capacity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Personal

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Quick, direct, to the point. There was no time wasting. First a telephone interview, then an in-person interview for technical questioning. The difficulty was not overly complex, but required a good comprehension of the technology. Other interviewees were brought in for a team mixer.

Principal Programmer Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Nashville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was impressively quick, starting with a phone call with the national director and followed up by a final round two hour onsite interview with same as well as the team members. The interview was a mix of your "standard" software development interview where you are asked increasingly difficult technical questions about the Microsoft Technology stack, personality and management style questions, as well as coding and logic puzzles to solve on the whiteboard. You didn't need to solve the problems completely on your own as they would provide hints if you asked good questions, since they were looking for problem solving skills and how you think on the fly. They also did not ask any technical questions that were unduly difficult but they also didn't ask questions you could have simply looked up on the web ahead of time. The offer followed an hour after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss design patterns, principles, and how to handle various scenarios a team lead would face.   Answer Question

The team, technology stack, and position were great. The compensation and the cost of the medical plan unfortunately were not a fit.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in June 2010.

Interview

Initial phone contact only describes the postion and acts as a filter to determine if the candidate wants to proceed. This initial contact and the subsequent phone interview were done with the same recruiter whom I never met in person. The phone interview was not complex or difficult. Afterward, I took an online questionnaire/personality profile. A couple weeks later I met a more local district or regional manager for an in-person interview. This interview is the one I rate as difficult. It seemed very methodical in the way I was asked questions. I wouldn't be surprised if all interviews for this same position are the same. If I had been successful in that interview, I would have been asked back for a second in-person interview. But, alas, twas not to be.

Interview Questions

• Role play scenario in which I was asked to read one page of information and then answer questions as though I was a salesperson selling law firm retainers to small businesses.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Phone screening interview and was asked maybe a few hours after the call to schedule an interview. then in person interview with Supervisor and Director, was given an offer within a week.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Did two interviews over the phone-one with the in-house headhunter, the other one with the regional manager and took a personality test (which was surprisingly in line with my perceived strengths/weaknesses)-then I did a ride-along with the area representative. Ride along was very instructive-they are selling memberships in a business advocacy group that is very needed; yet the ride-along was insightful in how they had to misrepresent themselves to get in the door. Dubious tactics for a noble cause-not my cup of tea. After ride-along there was no way I could work for this outfit. Their product is needed and noble-they don't need deceptive tactics to sell it!

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Applied for position online, received a call from in-house recruiter three days later. Had 2 phone interviews and a ride along before accepting position. Entire interview process and on boarding took four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer interaction and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in May 2016.

Interview

Went through a 30 minute phone interview with recruiter and was called back for a face to face interview a week later.

Interviewers were nice enough, I didn't get much of a chance to put a word in edgewise as they both hammered home the fact that a lot of hours were required to be truly "sucessful" at the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in the hours necessary to be successful at NFIB?   1 Answer

I'm not really comfortable in a one call sales cycle and 100% commission organization.