National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

they will hire anybody. everything is a numbers game with them. it is not uncommon for them to have more than 100% turnover in a given year so they'll take a chance on anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said, " We will not pay you anything unless you sell" and I said "OK"

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Recruiter very rude and hung up precisely after I told him that straight commission after 4 weeks of training was not in my comfort level.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I did two interviews and was asked to ride along twice. A bit much. I had drive over an hour one way for each. Pretty casual.
    Asked many questions about talking to strangers for sales a friends and relatives
    What I was told vs what actually happened. Not so great

Interview Questions

• Would you sell to friends and family. V   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Nashville, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied on third-party submission site, heard from HR coordinator a few days later. Interviewed with manager a few days after that, had second interview within 7-10 days, hired a day or so after that. Very simple and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change roles? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in December 2009.

Interview

I had to do a personality test first, and according to how they score you on your test they determine if you are right to do this position, then I was contacted for a personal interview and was hired on the spot. Most of the people are professional however, what I was promised as far as territory and amount of renewals wasn't even close to what was promised in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is straight commission, so there is no negotiating other than there is flexibility in the territory that they will assign to you

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Olympia, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted by NFIB employment rep who proceeded to explain the company and the "service" they sell. She indicated this was a straight commission based salary with possible bonuses when meeting quotas. Later in interview she asked how I would handle the high rate of potential client rejection!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Had to drive about 45 minutes away. Pretty basic questions. Interviewer was very professional and nice. I got the impression the job was mine if I wanted it & that they wanted you to ask for it or to really want it. I left feeling like the job was mine.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to your availability for the next 90 days. In other words, no vacation or travel plans that may have already been made. This includes Christmas time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Gulfport, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

All over Skype not very professional asked alot of pointless questions. Guy was like a dictator from the beginning I should have known how my career was gonna go from that point

Interview Questions

• Can you sell, can you be forecful with cold calling a business   1 Answer

State Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was largely behavioral, asking for my impressions or wide ranging topics and what different ideas "mean to me". My resume was completely ignored, as it was expected that I provide my experience through story telling that fit the interviewer's needs. I felet the interview went well, but was not offered the position.

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Florence, KY) in November 2011.

Interview

Fill out application, regional recruiter contacts you via email then phone, recruiter coordinates initial contact with division manager, set place, date & time to meet for one on one interview, if both sides agree to move forward in the hiring process schedule/perform a ride along/job sample with a representative in territory close to home, execute a personality test online and if both sides agree then the on boarding process begins.

Interview Questions

• Is Government to big or do we need more Government in our lives?   1 Answer