National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Applied for position online, received a call from in-house recruiter three days later. Had 2 phone interviews and a ride along before accepting position. Entire interview process and on boarding took four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer interaction and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Phone screening interview and was asked maybe a few hours after the call to schedule an interview. then in person interview with Supervisor and Director, was given an offer within a week.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Did two interviews over the phone-one with the in-house headhunter, the other one with the regional manager and took a personality test (which was surprisingly in line with my perceived strengths/weaknesses)-then I did a ride-along with the area representative. Ride along was very instructive-they are selling memberships in a business advocacy group that is very needed; yet the ride-along was insightful in how they had to misrepresent themselves to get in the door. Dubious tactics for a noble cause-not my cup of tea. After ride-along there was no way I could work for this outfit. Their product is needed and noble-they don't need deceptive tactics to sell it!

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Kingston, PA).

Interview

Hard learning 6 pages in reviewing multiple papers they give you touche your knowledge of what they actually do and to recite all 6 Pages for verbatum to complete the entire interview process and 60 to move to the next level

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Nashville, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied on third-party submission site, heard from HR coordinator a few days later. Interviewed with manager a few days after that, had second interview within 7-10 days, hired a day or so after that. Very simple and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change roles? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in May 2016.

Interview

Went through a 30 minute phone interview with recruiter and was called back for a face to face interview a week later.

Interviewers were nice enough, I didn't get much of a chance to put a word in edgewise as they both hammered home the fact that a lot of hours were required to be truly "sucessful" at the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in the hours necessary to be successful at NFIB?   1 Answer

I'm not really comfortable in a one call sales cycle and 100% commission organization.

New Membership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Bob Carlton flew from out of state and met me in Los Angeles for the interview. We Spoke for an hour or so in the lobby of his hotel. The questions we're pretty basic and he didn't ask any really hard questions. Just be prepared to have a role play and remember when he says no to ask "do you believe in NFIB?" You'll do great!

Interview Questions

• They will ask you what you say when someone says no! the answer in "Well do you believe in this product"   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Tel screening following typical resume & cover letter submission. Meeting with DM. Screened for desperation level and thick skin. If you're fawning for it, given assignment to memorize their script, word for word, to be read back to DM at later time. If done well, hired. Despite ads for salary or expenses, lies, twisted truths. zero salary, zero reimbursements, use own gas.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle making cold calls, alot?   1 Answer

Negotiation

What negotiation? Take it or leave it. Commission only. The job requires strong sales skill but pays only the level of a newbie fresh out of high school level...Zero

National Federation of Independent Business Response

Mar 10, 2016 – HR Programs Coordinator

Let me clarify the NFIB sales position. NFIB recruits for outside sales representatives across the country. This position features a base, weekly expense reimbursement and monthly commissions, for... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northeast, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Northeast, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume,and then somebody called me. We set a time to meet with the Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. The the manager asked me to fill out a professional profile. After that, you shadow another sales rep in the field for a day. The manger offered me the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I would be successful in the job.   1 Answer

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Worcester, MA).

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter. I responded. I then had phone interview with the recruiter. I then was given a website where I could research the organization and its product. I then had a few days to prepare a presentation (a 5-minute overview of the company) and present it to the recruiter over the phone. The recruiter stopped me before 5 minutes was up and continued on to more in-depth questioning. He then set up a phone call with a manager at the company. That manager then set up a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, who then scheduled me to shadow a current rep in the field. Meanwhile, I was emailed the on-boarding paperwork. After my shadow day, I received an email stating that this was not a good fit after all.

Interview Questions

• How much money I wanted to make   1 Answer