National Geographic Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Geographic Intern Interview Questions

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked on a phone interview. The phone interview was just chatting with the interviewer. Then I was asked to either come into the head quarter in DC or do a Skype interview. I chose Skype interview and there were 4 people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do when you graduate? What did you learn and experience from the previous job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Geographic

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

A week or so after applying, asked to set up 15-30 minute phone call with two editors. I kinda just ran through my resume with two editors separately and went with the flow. Only question was could i perform the duties listed.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a question-and-answer type of interview. Mostly just chatted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Geographic (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by office manager. General questions "what's your fav movie?" The environment was pretty chilled out. I had to manage office administration duties mostly. I answered telephone calls. Forwarded emails to relevant authorities and photocopied and faxed. Read incoming scripts that was exciting.

Interview Questions

• What's your fav movie and why   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

I lived out of state, so the Project Manager from the department arranged a phone interview via e-mail and then called me precisely at the time he stated. National Geographic is a laid back culture, but the people are incredibly driven and from the ranks of top tier schools (georgetown, yale, penn...etc) However, if your niche (like mine) hails from an obscure university--have no fear--they are interested in your skillset and ability to pick up the slack in their department without instruction.

It is unclear to me whether it was my combination of unique skills or my open mindedness about where my career might go that led me to NatGeo, but it was extra fun and rewarding every day!

Words of advice, be yourself (if that self is humble, ambitious, smart and concerned about human interaction with geography.) Don't over-analyze, but be very prepared for questions pertaining to your exact skills--don't give vague answers, tell them how each skill will match what they've posted.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Adobe CS5 integration with ArcGIS?   1 Answer