National Geographic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Geographic (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable, direct with reporting executive, clearly read through resume prior to interview. Great blend of asking questions relative to the position being applied for, as well as, questions relative to you as an individual. Set the tone for the friendly family-like environment that I experienced while working at the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you find most critical to the curation of the channels music?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online the process took about 2 1/2 months from applying to offer. The recruiter from Fox was very responsive when it came to the interview process. (Don't hold back asking any questions about the interviewers, what to expect etc). Everyone I met with and talked to were pleasant and I felt comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background, and a couple technical questions related to the job for all three rounds of interviews.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic in March 2017.

Interview

Process took 2 months. I first had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The whole process was fine and hr representative was very responsive until my last interview. After my last interview they told me I would be notified within two weeks if I was given the position or not. After two weeks I emailed and received no response or update. I emailed again after another two weeks and still got no response. I waited a full month after my last email to email one more time, and again I received no response. I was very disappointed and upset that I was not given the courtesy of a response, especially from a company that I had admired for a very long time.

Assistant Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

We talked about the job description, my previous experience and I was shown around the office where I met everyone. It was very casual and everyone was friendly. The entire process was around 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Geographic (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by office manager. General questions "what's your fav movie?" The environment was pretty chilled out. I had to manage office administration duties mostly. I answered telephone calls. Forwarded emails to relevant authorities and photocopied and faxed. Read incoming scripts that was exciting.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

I lived out of state, so the Project Manager from the department arranged a phone interview via e-mail and then called me precisely at the time he stated. National Geographic is a laid back culture, but the people are incredibly driven and from the ranks of top tier schools (georgetown, yale, penn...etc) However, if your niche (like mine) hails from an obscure university--have no fear--they are interested in your skillset and ability to pick up the slack in their department without instruction.

It is unclear to me whether it was my combination of unique skills or my open mindedness about where my career might go that led me to NatGeo, but it was extra fun and rewarding every day!

Words of advice, be yourself (if that self is humble, ambitious, smart and concerned about human interaction with geography.) Don't over-analyze, but be very prepared for questions pertaining to your exact skills--don't give vague answers, tell them how each skill will match what they've posted.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Adobe CS5 integration with ArcGIS?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked on a phone interview. The phone interview was just chatting with the interviewer. Then I was asked to either come into the head quarter in DC or do a Skype interview. I chose Skype interview and there were 4 people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do when you graduate? What did you learn and experience from the previous job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

A week or so after applying, asked to set up 15-30 minute phone call with two editors. I kinda just ran through my resume with two editors separately and went with the flow. Only question was could i perform the duties listed.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a question-and-answer type of interview. Mostly just chatted.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in May 2018.

Interview

The process went well, she asked me normal interview questions like why do you want this job, why do you want to work for Nat Geo, and what my future goals are.

Market Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

First got in contact with the company after seeing a presentation about National Geographic during one of my college classes in Washington, DC. I followed up with her and coincidentally, she was the hiring manager for a recent internship application they posted online. Interview was quick and easy.