National Geographic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.7

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

Completed an online application and was contacted by email a few days later. We held a screening phone call, followed by a phone-based interview within the next month. The interview was held with three people, no video.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter. Had the in-person two weeks later. Met with 5 different individuals over three hours. Interview went OK as I knew I was not a perfect fit.

Never received any type of follow up.

Internhip Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

Applied for the internship, then received an email asking for a phone interview. The call was right one time. They even tell when you will hear back about the decision

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic in March 2017.

Interview

Process took 2 months. I first had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The whole process was fine and hr representative was very responsive until my last interview. After my last interview they told me I would be notified within two weeks if I was given the position or not. After two weeks I emailed and received no response or update. I emailed again after another two weeks and still got no response. I waited a full month after my last email to email one more time, and again I received no response. I was very disappointed and upset that I was not given the courtesy of a response, especially from a company that I had admired for a very long time.

Junior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The process has been poisoned with non-existent communication. I was brought in through an employee referral, asked basic questions and told they were looking to hire immediately and I was looking to start immediately. According to the hiring manager, my education, qualifications and experience matched me up with the job; this hire should have been a no-brainer. After following up three times with no answer, I had to track down the hiring manager's superior to get a follow-up interview 8 weeks later in which I was asked the same questions. Nobody had seen my work. It was an enormous waste of time. I never heard back, even after following up. It was all very informal. Pinnacle of unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous editing experience? Are you a fast editor? What kind of documentaries have you worked on?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked on a phone interview. The phone interview was just chatting with the interviewer. Then I was asked to either come into the head quarter in DC or do a Skype interview. I chose Skype interview and there were 4 people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do when you graduate? What did you learn and experience from the previous job?   Answer Question

Video Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone call that went well and he asked mostly about my video production experience. I asked some questions about what the job would be like. It was very conversational and easy to get along with him. He told me about the position specifics and said he would get back to me soon.

Travel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic in April 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application and was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. Set up a phone interview, which took about 30 minutes. The interviewer genuinely seemed interested in what I had to say and cared about what my actual personality was like. She said she'd have a final answer for me in two weeks and was true to her word -- didn't get the offer but she sent a kind email about it.

Geographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly unprofessional for an institution like the National Geographic Society. I had a very casual 20 minute phone conversation with a manager. I was one of three finalists and was told I should hear either way in 1-2 weeks, but never heard from them again and my inquiries went unanswered.

I assume they had a more qualified candidate, but a simple email note informing me and thanking me for applying would have left me with a better impression.

Assistant Manager, Digital Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called to come in for an interview 12 days later. I did a 20 min. phone interview with the Manager I'd be working with before my in-person interview. I then met with the Manager and Director at the DC headquarters. The meeting was positive, they were both friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that you feel make you the most qualified for this position.   Answer Question