National Geographic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Geographic Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.6

Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

Slow and lengthy process. I was contacted 4 months after I applied. Then I went through a series of Skype interviews with different department directors. I got the job, but I had to wait one month for HR to approve all the paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic (Evanston, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

I had a total of 6 or 7 interviews over a period of 4 months. I was led to believe I was the leading candidate. I met with many different people and was finally informed that they had rehired a former employee to take the position, which they had downgraded as far as title was concerned.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle reporting to a supervisor at a different location?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter. Had the in-person two weeks later. Met with 5 different individuals over three hours. Interview went OK as I knew I was not a perfect fit.

Never received any type of follow up.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baghdad (Iraq)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic (Baghdad (Iraq)).

Interview

It was average just fill out all gaps with personal answers and the process was easy to apply it takes about 15 minutes to finish an i hope to write all thing right when i started to apply I have said it's quite difficult to get a job in the place that i have dreamed to work in it , but before I begin i just said that lets try !

Interview Questions

• They asked my normal questions   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

The HR system seemed daunting, but my submission made it to the surface and I was contacted a few days later by an HR representative. After a brief screening call, I was put in touch with the hiring manager in the communications department. We had a brief call before I was invited to interview in person. I met several people in the department, and all seemed very congenial and experienced. Questions were focused on determining if I was the best personal and cultural fit.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

Completed an online application and was contacted by email a few days later. We held a screening phone call, followed by a phone-based interview within the next month. The interview was held with three people, no video.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic in March 2017.

Interview

Process took 2 months. I first had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The whole process was fine and hr representative was very responsive until my last interview. After my last interview they told me I would be notified within two weeks if I was given the position or not. After two weeks I emailed and received no response or update. I emailed again after another two weeks and still got no response. I waited a full month after my last email to email one more time, and again I received no response. I was very disappointed and upset that I was not given the courtesy of a response, especially from a company that I had admired for a very long time.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online the process took about 2 1/2 months from applying to offer. The recruiter from Fox was very responsive when it came to the interview process. (Don't hold back asking any questions about the interviewers, what to expect etc). Everyone I met with and talked to were pleasant and I felt comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background, and a couple technical questions related to the job for all three rounds of interviews.   Answer Question

Internhip Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

Applied for the internship, then received an email asking for a phone interview. The call was right one time. They even tell when you will hear back about the decision

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

It was brief. They want to know you are a hard worker and are willing to do things outside of the typical job description. Past experience in the field is considered but not crucial.

Interview Questions

• How are you with a fast paced environment where you will have multiple things that need to be completed simultaneously?   Answer Question