National Geographic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Geographic Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic in March 2017.

Interview

Process took 2 months. I first had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The whole process was fine and hr representative was very responsive until my last interview. After my last interview they told me I would be notified within two weeks if I was given the position or not. After two weeks I emailed and received no response or update. I emailed again after another two weeks and still got no response. I waited a full month after my last email to email one more time, and again I received no response. I was very disappointed and upset that I was not given the courtesy of a response, especially from a company that I had admired for a very long time.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online the process took about 2 1/2 months from applying to offer. The recruiter from Fox was very responsive when it came to the interview process. (Don't hold back asking any questions about the interviewers, what to expect etc). Everyone I met with and talked to were pleasant and I felt comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background, and a couple technical questions related to the job for all three rounds of interviews.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic in February 2016.

Interview

Very casual, friendly, not frustrating at all, the interviewer made an impression of someone you knew for a long time, very communicable and made it easy the whole process.

Internhip Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic.

Interview

Applied for the internship, then received an email asking for a phone interview. The call was right one time. They even tell when you will hear back about the decision

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

It was brief. They want to know you are a hard worker and are willing to do things outside of the typical job description. Past experience in the field is considered but not crucial.

Interview Questions

• How are you with a fast paced environment where you will have multiple things that need to be completed simultaneously?   Answer Question

Video Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geographic in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone call that went well and he asked mostly about my video production experience. I asked some questions about what the job would be like. It was very conversational and easy to get along with him. He told me about the position specifics and said he would get back to me soon.

Junior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The process has been poisoned with non-existent communication. I was brought in through an employee referral, asked basic questions and told they were looking to hire immediately and I was looking to start immediately. According to the hiring manager, my education, qualifications and experience matched me up with the job; this hire should have been a no-brainer. After following up three times with no answer, I had to track down the hiring manager's superior to get a follow-up interview 8 weeks later in which I was asked the same questions. Nobody had seen my work. It was an enormous waste of time. I never heard back, even after following up. It was all very informal. Pinnacle of unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous editing experience? Are you a fast editor? What kind of documentaries have you worked on?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Geographic (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by office manager. General questions "what's your fav movie?" The environment was pretty chilled out. I had to manage office administration duties mostly. I answered telephone calls. Forwarded emails to relevant authorities and photocopied and faxed. Read incoming scripts that was exciting.

Interview Questions

• What's your fav movie and why   1 Answer

Travel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic in April 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application and was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. Set up a phone interview, which took about 30 minutes. The interviewer genuinely seemed interested in what I had to say and cared about what my actual personality was like. She said she'd have a final answer for me in two weeks and was true to her word -- didn't get the offer but she sent a kind email about it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geographic in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked on a phone interview. The phone interview was just chatting with the interviewer. Then I was asked to either come into the head quarter in DC or do a Skype interview. I chose Skype interview and there were 4 people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do when you graduate? What did you learn and experience from the previous job?   Answer Question