National Geographic Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at National Geographic (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

I had applied online and within 1 week I got an email from a marketing co-ordinator/ associate confirming my interview at their DC-HQ. I was interviewed by the SVP who was extremely excited about my candidacy. I was told that my final interview date with the CMO will emailed to me by the end of June (since both the SVP and CMO were busy and the position was for a senior management role so they wanted to go slow). For 5 months no one got back to me. I did follow up but no one replied back to me. After 5 months, I was offered a junior level position.

Interview Questions

• My past experiences and how is it working with NGC were discussed. No interview-like questions asked.   Answer Question

During the interview, I was told about their recent senior management change. I was continuously receiving negative feedbacks about how partial and biased the new CMO is (specifically mentioning that the new CMO's would like to hire from his/her previous company). I was also forewarned that I have to work in conjunction with new CMO's philosophy which is more creatively inclined than any scientific approach for developing marketing strategies. My interviewer seemed very demotivated with his/her own job.

I was interviewed in May and was told that my final interview date with the CMO will be confirmed via email/call by the end of June. However no one got back to me. Much later I learnt that the interviewer had moved into a different role before he/she quit the job. The position I was interviewed for was filled by someone from the CMO's previous company (much expected!). 5 months later I was offered a junior level position (Asst Manager, Media Strategy) and I found that very insulting. I declined it because I found the management very unstable and the work environment unhealthy.