National Grid (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Grid (UK) Interview Questions

Interviews at National Grid (UK)

Sort:

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

The actual interview was what you would expect. There were some behavioral questions and a few broad technical questions. Interview went fine and was told I would be contacted with decision in two weeks. Didn't hear back for a month and when I contacted them to inquire if a decision had been made I was told they were almost there and HR would let me know. Never heard from NG again. Not even the courtesy of a rejection email. Overall I would describe my experience as: waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a boss. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Waltham, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call for a screening from a analyst then scheduled a in person interview. after the interview i was contacted by HR for college transcripts and background checks.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with pivot tables and do you know how to insert a V-lookup formula   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Waltham, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I got called to schedule an onsite interview. It was brief interview for no more than an hour with two of the yard supervisors. Asked mostly behavioral questions about managing others and dealing with workplace stress and the stressful employees.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Face to Face interview with two engineers. They first spoke about what they do in the company and the various positions available for internships. They were very friendly and more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Asked about my current and past experiences.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) in January 2014.

Interview

the company appears to have great benefits and the people are very friendly

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to National Grid?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Hempstead, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The recruiter asked different questions based on the CV and actually the recruiter asked more about the excel skills and it seemed that they need someone that can get to work quickly.

Interview Questions

• Firstly questions based on CV. Then questions about excel.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially applied online but had an employee referral.
    I received an email notifying me that I was being considered for the position and that I should forward my availability for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was between me and three managers at National Grid. We did a conference call where they each alternated asking me questions. The questions were behavioral.
    After I did well enough on the phone, I was asked to come by a location for an in person, one on one interview and I was given a specific time to show up. Similar to the phone conversation, the questions were behavioral. Some of the questions were the same but, unlike the phone interview, there was a good deal of small talk.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you experienced a problem in a team environment.
      Why are you interested in this position?
      What is your greatest strength/weakness?
      How have you dealt with a conflict in the workplace.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) in April 2009.

Interview

National Grid seems like a great company to work for. I was offered an interview which I was a little nervous about at first because it's not exactly what i was looking for in a job but was pleased to find out about their great open-culture, great benefits, and performance bonus'. Before the interview I did my research about the company and was pleased to find out that this company seems like a great place to work.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Waltham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Terrible - it took a few months just to get me into the system. And they gave VERY limited options for taking the mandatory drug test (which was told to you at the very last second).

Interview Questions

• What would make you work harder than the rest of your co-workers?   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Long and not too much feedback during the entire process. Left you guessing on status. Was a little bit sterile and way too focused on specific scenario questions. Not enough discussion about the position, just questions about previous scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Too many specific scenario questions that without knowing their policies are tough to answer.   Answer Question