National Grid (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Grid (UK) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Warwick, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1. on line test (About one hour) many questions about the basic knowledge and mathematical problems.
    2. Phone interview -(45 minutes) questions about the company's history and the background.
    3. Interview at the Fulfillment center (10 am to 4 pm).
    The interviewerers are very nice. I was asked to do the online test again and answered them many questions about the company's history and background. The reason why I chose this company to apply for. My present job's description and the reason for resignation. I had to do the grounp work as well, how to solve the problems with limited resources in a critical situation. The interviewers observed all the applicants in the whole process. The last part.is that I had to present individually about my points of view in solving that problem.

Costumer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Hicksville, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The initial interview consisted of two parts; a typing test (20wpm) whick I passed. After that, I had to do the "clerical assessment test whick was almost two hours long!!! I didnt think I was going to do the second part of the test.and did not come prepared. I wish I would have known that it was going to be for a while so that I could have taken my time.

Interview Questions

• Identifying different symbols and their meaning, case scenarios, addition, multiplication, critical thinking questions, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (UK).

Interview

A group panel asked several questions about knowledge and experience in the field of engineering. They were very laid back and really wanted to get to know who I was as a person. They looked for confidence and intelligence more so than real world experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in power systems?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Hempstead, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The recruiter asked different questions based on the CV and actually the recruiter asked more about the excel skills and it seemed that they need someone that can get to work quickly.

Interview Questions

• Firstly questions based on CV. Then questions about excel.   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Waltham, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call for a screening from a analyst then scheduled a in person interview. after the interview i was contacted by HR for college transcripts and background checks.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with pivot tables and do you know how to insert a V-lookup formula   1 Answer

Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Syracuse, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The first round was a very basic phone interview. Grid hires their interns in January early February, so be prepared to comit to a position early in the season. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of behavioral analysis. I also had a face to face interview which lasted about 30 minutes and was basically the managers getting to know me and my experience, and further explainig the position.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications and experience do you have that will make you successful in this position?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) in January 2014.

Interview

the company appears to have great benefits and the people are very friendly

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to National Grid?   1 Answer

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Long and not too much feedback during the entire process. Left you guessing on status. Was a little bit sterile and way too focused on specific scenario questions. Not enough discussion about the position, just questions about previous scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Too many specific scenario questions that without knowing their policies are tough to answer.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Waltham, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I got called to schedule an onsite interview. It was brief interview for no more than an hour with two of the yard supervisors. Asked mostly behavioral questions about managing others and dealing with workplace stress and the stressful employees.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Waltham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Terrible - it took a few months just to get me into the system. And they gave VERY limited options for taking the mandatory drug test (which was told to you at the very last second).

Interview Questions

• What would make you work harder than the rest of your co-workers?   Answer Question