National Grid (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Warwick, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1. on line test (About one hour) many questions about the basic knowledge and mathematical problems.
    2. Phone interview -(45 minutes) questions about the company's history and the background.
    3. Interview at the Fulfillment center (10 am to 4 pm).
    The interviewerers are very nice. I was asked to do the online test again and answered them many questions about the company's history and background. The reason why I chose this company to apply for. My present job's description and the reason for resignation. I had to do the grounp work as well, how to solve the problems with limited resources in a critical situation. The interviewers observed all the applicants in the whole process. The last part.is that I had to present individually about my points of view in solving that problem.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Hempstead, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The recruiter asked different questions based on the CV and actually the recruiter asked more about the excel skills and it seemed that they need someone that can get to work quickly.

Interview Questions

• Firstly questions based on CV. Then questions about excel.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) in January 2014.

Interview

the company appears to have great benefits and the people are very friendly

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to National Grid?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Waltham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Terrible - it took a few months just to get me into the system. And they gave VERY limited options for taking the mandatory drug test (which was told to you at the very last second).

Interview Questions

• What would make you work harder than the rest of your co-workers?   Answer Question

Mechanical/Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Long Island City, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

interviewed by a hiring manager and an engineer together, asked six very formal STAR questions. They took notes when I was talking. Questions including:

Most challengeable task you have ever done.

Irreasonable&/or impossible task

What if your work has been plagiarized by others?

How do you motivate others

How do you get accustomed in a new working environment?

How do you work well with others?

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when your work has been plagiarized by others.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

The actual interview was what you would expect. There were some behavioral questions and a few broad technical questions. Interview went fine and was told I would be contacted with decision in two weeks. Didn't hear back for a month and when I contacted them to inquire if a decision had been made I was told they were almost there and HR would let me know. Never heard from NG again. Not even the courtesy of a rejection email. Overall I would describe my experience as: waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a boss. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

I travelled several hundred miles and rearranged flights at short notice and very considerable cost to interview.

I fully understand that they may not have wanted to hire me - that's part of the process- but despite the effort and expense that I went to meet their schedules, the recruiting people didn't return calls and they simply dropped contact with as much as a "thank you" or "sorry, but..."

This is simply good enough for a professional company of this size when recruiting for senior roles

Security Architect Interview

Interview

The interview started off quite nicely with the usual tell me about yourself questions. Half way through, I noticed that the interviewers start skipping questions for some reason. If you're going to call me for a face-to-face interview it's only fair to complete all the questions. I was not impressed with the length of time it took to get feedback. Six weeks is far too long to wait for feedback from anyone with a total of employing within one week. The agent wasn't exactly helpful either and really offered nothing more than a CV forwarding service. All in all an experience I don't want to repeat. The technical interview was conducted by someone whose English is not great. Adding to the confusion

Interview Questions

• what have you been doing type questions.   1 Answer
    • We have a diversity and inclusion policy, what do you think about that?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

Online tests followed by phone interview. Fairly straight forward interview. Very poor communication after the interview, had to wait over 3 months before finding out the outcome. Questions I was asked are written below.

Interview Questions

• • Why do you want to work here and why the specific role?
      • Commercial Awareness – What are the challenges facing Nat. grid.
      • When have you had to persuade others of a solution and they didn’t agree at first?
      • When have to had to solve a complex problem?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid (UK).

Interview

Telephone interview, terrible interviewer!!! very unfriendly and rude the person came in with an attitute because the interview was schedulled at 5.45pm on a friday. The entire process was highly unprofessional.