National Grid (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Grid (UK) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (UK).

Interview

Applied on 31/12/15, told I passed the 'initial application' stage and submit a full application 4/1/16, then no contact till 22/3/16 when I emailed them and was told "We will be reviewing the applications in the coming week".
    13/4/16 Receive a generic email stating the vacancy has been filled.
    Very poor experience.
    Took them 100 days to review and reject my application.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) in May 2016.

Interview

First applied in December, filled out an application for personal details, education, past employment etc.
    Passed through to a video interview in May with 3 pre loaded questions.
    Made it to the assessment centre in Eakring spent the night and day there which included an individual interview, team assessment and an individual assessment.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency based questions that will relate to the job you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be yourself and read up what national grid do and the company's vision, strategy and core values.

Security Architect Interview

Interview

The interview started off quite nicely with the usual tell me about yourself questions. Half way through, I noticed that the interviewers start skipping questions for some reason. If you're going to call me for a face-to-face interview it's only fair to complete all the questions. I was not impressed with the length of time it took to get feedback. Six weeks is far too long to wait for feedback from anyone with a total of employing within one week. The agent wasn't exactly helpful either and really offered nothing more than a CV forwarding service. All in all an experience I don't want to repeat. The technical interview was conducted by someone whose English is not great. Adding to the confusion

Interview Questions

• what have you been doing type questions.   1 Answer
    • We have a diversity and inclusion policy, what do you think about that?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Slow process and very easy interview, they'll hire everything from a supermarket cashier to a carpenter thinking they can turn them in electrical engineers after 2 week training course

Negotiation

they'll always try to offer the minimum, the interview structure is so bad that they're unable to tell between a good and bad candidate, you can get an extra 5% if you ask for

Service Delivery Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and revived a response 2 months after applying. Very slow and not very organised. Used to take days to get a reply to emails and they would never return your calls

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) in April 2009.

Interview

National Grid seems like a great company to work for. I was offered an interview which I was a little nervous about at first because it's not exactly what i was looking for in a job but was pleased to find out about their great open-culture, great benefits, and performance bonus'. Before the interview I did my research about the company and was pleased to find out that this company seems like a great place to work.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Waltham, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I got called to schedule an onsite interview. It was brief interview for no more than an hour with two of the yard supervisors. Asked mostly behavioral questions about managing others and dealing with workplace stress and the stressful employees.

Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Syracuse, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The first round was a very basic phone interview. Grid hires their interns in January early February, so be prepared to comit to a position early in the season. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of behavioral analysis. I also had a face to face interview which lasted about 30 minutes and was basically the managers getting to know me and my experience, and further explainig the position.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications and experience do you have that will make you successful in this position?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Face to Face interview with two engineers. They first spoke about what they do in the company and the various positions available for internships. They were very friendly and more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Asked about my current and past experiences.   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (UK) (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

This was my first ever phone Interview, I was underprepared as I didn't appreciate the process. I only did 30 minutes of review before the application.
    The interview took about 20 minutes.
    I could hear interviewer typing loudly throughout the interview which was off-putting. I should have asked if there was anything that could be done to reduce the noise. Questions were asked, the interview was not a conversation as the interviewer had no knowledge of the job. There no opportunity to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe challenges facing National Grid over the next 5 years?   1 Answer