National Grid USA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Grid USA Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

3 rounds of phone/ in person interviews with manager, director and Human Resources. First two interviews were over the phone since I was still in school and the third I came into the office to meet the team

Interview Questions

• What kinds of interests do you have? Where do you see yourself working after graduation? What is your 10 year plan? Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Grid USA

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview as I was in my finals week at college. About 30 minute interviews, maybe a little less due to the schedule for the interviewers being very tight. Asked pretty basic questions that were very relevant.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

Two phone interviews where you talked to either your going to be manager or a lead engineer. Then you wait a couple days till you hear back. I applied in October and didn't receive any information until March regarding an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume in October/November (didn't think anything of it and honestly forgot I even applied). Was contacted by my now boss in January for a 30-60 min interview - just asking to go over my resume and he told me about the position as well. A few days later he e-mailed again asking if I could come in to the office and to prepare a portfolio of past work. They gave me a week to prepare the portfolio and then they took a week to review. The in-person interview was super quick - basically just making sure I could get along with the whole team. They extended an offer the next day and the process was finished early-mid February.

Now that I work here I think I have a better-ish idea of how the interview process works. You essentially blindly throw your resume into a system for any internship. Then managers across all different departments read, review, and decide who they want to interview. From there it's up to the manager to decide how they conduct their interviews but I think for the most part it's all behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is based on college credits but after junior year most interns are in the $16-$18 range

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

Began with an online application followed by a phone interview. Very generic questions. Phone interview took up about a half hour to forty five minutes. Overall an easy process to apply.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a problem while working in a group and how did you overcome the problem?   2 Answers

Time frame conflicted with class schedule

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

5 People at once, all regrading to leadership. It was a marketing position so they asked me a lot of questions regarding to situations and how I deal with things under pressure. It helps to have a strong background in a few different leadership type roles and maybe a prior internship because they want specific scenarios of how you dealt with things and when it happened.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with someone who responded negatively and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

I applied online in January and received an e-mail in April about a phone interveiw. I had one phone interview and brief e-mail conversation with the hiring manager. They offered me the job less than a week later after I informed them I had another offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult time that you overcame.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered hourly pay based on my major and credit hours earned.

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Hicksville, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Tells us about the company? What interests you about the industry?

Interview Questions

• Something you have taught yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was all behavioral. It wasnt difficult at all if you know how to expand on your resume, speak about all of your experiences. Couple of questions asked: Why you chose the university you attend, what do you know about the national grid, why did you choose your major and what are your goals for your career.

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Hicksville, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Straight fowards, many behavorial type questions, nice panel