National Grid USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone screening with a person from HR. Very friendly, semi-casual just about school and experience in the field and why I would make a good fit. Talked about the company and the position as well.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for an analytical role in this company?   Answer Question

Analyst/Senior ANalyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter through email to schedule a phone screen. Once the phone screen passed, you had to complete an online assessment made up of verbal/logical/financial reasoning which was quite challenging. If successful, there is an in-person interview for an hour followed by a second in-person interview testing specific technical skills.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Worcester, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went through a initial competency test then a phone call interview. Easy and simple test to pass. The phone call interview wasn't too bad, general questions. Asked more about teamwork and leadership experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you felt pressured? How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY).

Interview

behavioral questions, STAR format, total 9 to 10 questions, set of 2 to 3 interviewers, office environment, long wait after the interview, took almost a month and a half to get the decision

Program Manager, Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Had brief phone then met with 2 managers who would have been my supervisors. Prompt meeting and very courteous with questions and ample time to respond. Got feeling I was overqualified though I was really interested in position and organization.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult and straight forward. However, questions were read from a list likely generated by HR with out really correlating to my resume or direct observation of me (ie was asked about diversity in workplace when looking at me was obvious I'm a minority in several aspects). No situational questions or inane strengths and weakness type questions.   Answer Question

Sales Processing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Albany, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I initially received a call from a recruiter for Nat Grid. The phone interview went very well and I was set up for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 3 managers and started off well. Then they brought out a list of all situational questions they ask each candidate to make it fair. Some were typical situations and others were just awful.

Interview Questions

• If you're working in a group, what motivates someone to do a good job if there is no paycheck and no grade for the project?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

two rounds of interviews. First round interview is phone interview. Phone interview is basically ask about skills you have and how do you actually use these skills like giving some real cases. Second round interview is on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the weakness? what kinds of interests do you have? How do you deal with the conflicts with the boss?   Answer Question

Manager of Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers, hiring manager and a colleague. Very detailed approach and very formal. The hiring manager was very well prepared having all of my paperwork in front of her and it was clear that she had certain areas of my experience where she wanted to go deeper. Her colleague was just reading my resume during the interview and then he started to ask me a series of questions about the energy industry, which I handled with some success. He seemed more interested in my critical thinking skills as opposed to my knowledge of the energy industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation when you dealt with a "problem associate", describe the situation, precisely what actions you took, and what was the end result.   1 Answer

Depot Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopedale, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Hopedale, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed today , seemed to go very good ! Was a group interview, they made it a comfortable setting..Told me they would contact me with in a few days with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions- how did you respond to someone on your team being inappropriate?   1 Answer

Manager Electric Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

One round interview with the Controller and another manager. Asked questions from off a sheet and was a more formal interview. Asked questions like around dealing with supervising older workers, how do you motivate a team when its something they don't want to do, etc. Never even received a response afterwards as to yes or no on continuing the process.

Interview Questions

• If you were implementing a new process and had to make a presentation to the CFO using one PowerPoint slide what would be on it?   Answer Question