National Grid USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

A set of pre-determined questions from HR about past experiences and office ethics. The interviewer also asked their own questions. For the most part it was a relaxed conversation. I was interviewed by two people, the hiring manager and an engineer who worked for him. I made sure to answer questions to both of them instead of just to the person who asked.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you knew someone was saying something incorrect in a meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made several requests for a signing bonus, relocation money, and compensation for turning down healthcare. They are all denied. The salary I was being offered was slightly higher than I expected so I still took the offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

They called me from Workforce so I can take a Sims test which was rigged I think because I have experienced the test was super easy I get email the same day that I failed it's impossible I know I did not fail that test but it's supposedly I did feel so I think there's other factors that play in maybe they didn't like the way I looked my age I'm 48 maybe I was too old but I feel like there was something else that was wrong because there's no way I could have failed that test

Interview Questions

• I never got to the interview stage because they call you from Workforce to take the Sims assessment test and I feel like they already know who's going to get the job as soon as you get in that room or who's going to get into training I feel like it's rigged I feel like there's some process that I don't understand but I do feel like I pass the test because it wasn't hard see if it was hard I would have been like okay I failed but together email the same day to tell you that you failed it was almost like Anyway be careful if you apply for this company and you go through Workforce because I think there's other things in play here anyway my feeling is why didn't the man that gave us the test send me the email some other lady send me an email and she said that I failed I just don't understand anyway I just want to warn people out there be super careful and try to finish the test if you go take it try to finish it super fast because if you take your time like I did which the only thing that I can think of that is possible that they would fail me for was that I took my time and I wanted to do it a hundred percent perfect but I do believe it was at least 90% perfect so that would be the only thing   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was more conversational and with managers. They are all friendly and very professional.

It has been 1 month since my onsite interview, I have not gotten any response from HR about the reimbursement process, I don't even know if they have started process yet. Hopefully, they won't break the promise of 100% reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• The analytical question was how to lower the cost of a fleet truck, it is very detail oriented yet very interesting, chanlleging   3 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

I got an E-mail two weeks after applying saying my experiences on my resume seem like a good fit for the role and asked for my availability for an initial phone interview either the day after or within that same week. I replied the very next day letting them know of my availability for the week and never heard back from the HR personnel confirming the time and day. I followed up the week after as well but still nothing.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Process Excellence
    1) submitted resume online
    2) received a call from recruiter and passed phone screen
    3) phone screen with hiring manager and 2 other folks
    4) sent pre-work to be completed within 48hrs
    5) in person interview was a presentation , case study and a questions
    ation and case study

AMO Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy, welcoming, least stressful interview I've had. Easy to talk to. Explained everything clearly. Listened intently. Great company guidelines. Great benefits. Didn't take too long. Test could be difficult I suppose.

Technical Learning and Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Cicero, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday with just my resume and was e-mailed the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was flexible with her schedule and I was able to get that done within a day or so. After that, I was e-mailed again within a day to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was laid back and asked questions regarding past experiences on the job, typical HR standard. The position was located at their Learning Academy in Liverpool, which definitely needed more upkeep and was very dated, but this is coming from someone who's worked in an office where the cleaning staff is scrubbing the bathrooms 24/7 so I may just be spoiled. So the whole interviewing process took only a week. After that, the person I interviewed with was out on vacation for two weeks, so I didn't expect to hear back for awhile. By almost week 4 I sent a follow up e-mail, heard nothing for almost 3 business days, and then was denied by HR via e-mail. Better than not hearing anything at all though. All in all, not a bad experience, but lengthy to get a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped with a project that wasn't necessarily part of your responsibilities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview which basically is a screening interview. The next step in the process is doing some testing and if I pass then they will contact me for the next stage of the interview process.

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

This company is a joke, very unprofessional. I went on site with the company in June. They promised to reimburse all the travel expense including flight, hotel, rental car etc. So far they haven't sent me the check. when I contacted the HR person, they are not responding.
    The hiring manager said after the interview that I will hear from them very soon. Well, two months past, I haven't heard anything from anyone. I know it is standard these days, but at least pay my money back as promised.
    Before I interviewed with this company, it seems similar situation happened to other person.
    Be aware of this company. I can't believe this is a fortune 500 company does, I have interviewed with many of them. National grid is most unprofessional.

Lead Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA).

Interview

From initial contact to the actual interview took over 4 months. After the interview, the offer notification took approximately 6-weeks. Other than having long waiting periods, the entire process was very professional especially the interviewers

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your salary expectation for this position (last question asked)
      2) Why do you want to work for us?
      3) What would you do in various scenarios.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial HR Phone Interview, 3 weeks later email link to take on-line test, Verbal, Math, Problem Solving, was challenging, similar to GMAT, practice tests and 3 actual tests, 3-4 hours to complete the testing, apparently passed the test, called in for on site interiew 1 week later, interviewed with manager and team member, they were looking for someone with a strong finance background which I didn't have, never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• HR Phone questions, What motivates you? How do you overcome a challenge?   Answer Question