National Grid USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

A set of pre-determined questions from HR about past experiences and office ethics. The interviewer also asked their own questions. For the most part it was a relaxed conversation. I was interviewed by two people, the hiring manager and an engineer who worked for him. I made sure to answer questions to both of them instead of just to the person who asked.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you knew someone was saying something incorrect in a meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made several requests for a signing bonus, relocation money, and compensation for turning down healthcare. They are all denied. The salary I was being offered was slightly higher than I expected so I still took the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

3 rounds of phone/ in person interviews with manager, director and Human Resources. First two interviews were over the phone since I was still in school and the third I came into the office to meet the team

Interview Questions

• What kinds of interests do you have? Where do you see yourself working after graduation? What is your 10 year plan? Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone screening with a person from HR. Very friendly, semi-casual just about school and experience in the field and why I would make a good fit. Talked about the company and the position as well.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for an analytical role in this company?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a response to take an exam. After passing it I waited 2 weeks and was invited to the interview. I was interviewed by 3 supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when there was a worker who was doing what they were supposed to do   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Contractor Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with three people plus myself. They made me very comfortable, asked pertinent questions. Asked real life challenging questions.

I was not shown where I would be sitting, but I did get to meet who would be my manager and a peer.

I was allowed all the time I needed to answer questions and ask my own questions. The entire interview lasted about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Used specific, real life issues and asked what tools I would use to remedy the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a contractor the negotiations were done through a 3rd party.

Analyst/Senior ANalyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter through email to schedule a phone screen. Once the phone screen passed, you had to complete an online assessment made up of verbal/logical/financial reasoning which was quite challenging. If successful, there is an in-person interview for an hour followed by a second in-person interview testing specific technical skills.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Worcester, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went through a initial competency test then a phone call interview. Easy and simple test to pass. The phone call interview wasn't too bad, general questions. Asked more about teamwork and leadership experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you felt pressured? How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY).

Interview

behavioral questions, STAR format, total 9 to 10 questions, set of 2 to 3 interviewers, office environment, long wait after the interview, took almost a month and a half to get the decision

Sales Processing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Albany, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I initially received a call from a recruiter for Nat Grid. The phone interview went very well and I was set up for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 3 managers and started off well. Then they brought out a list of all situational questions they ask each candidate to make it fair. Some were typical situations and others were just awful.

Interview Questions

• If you're working in a group, what motivates someone to do a good job if there is no paycheck and no grade for the project?   Answer Question

Security CC Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Northborough, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Frustrating and unprofessional. After applying in August I was contacted in late Septermber to Interview. Went through 2 seperate group panel interviews. Was offered the position on the spot dring the second interview. I was informed at this time the position was now a temp to full position, meaning I would have to start with an outside company. They also told me they did not have a start date as of yet and would be in touch. They never reached out, and ignored any attempt I made to contact them for information. Very unprofessional and not a good sign if this is how they treat their employees. Would reccomend hiring managers get retrained on HR procedures.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to lead a team to achieve success?   Answer Question

GIS Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

This was a contract position, so it was just a simple over the phone interview with basic GIS questions. It last about 30 minutes and was fairly easy. I then got a call from the recruiter advising they showed interest in me. I then got the position.