National Grid USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.8

Lead Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA).

Interview

From initial contact to the actual interview took over 4 months. After the interview, the offer notification took approximately 6-weeks. Other than having long waiting periods, the entire process was very professional especially the interviewers

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your salary expectation for this position (last question asked)
      2) Why do you want to work for us?
      3) What would you do in various scenarios.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial HR Phone Interview, 3 weeks later email link to take on-line test, Verbal, Math, Problem Solving, was challenging, similar to GMAT, practice tests and 3 actual tests, 3-4 hours to complete the testing, apparently passed the test, called in for on site interiew 1 week later, interviewed with manager and team member, they were looking for someone with a strong finance background which I didn't have, never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• HR Phone questions, What motivates you? How do you overcome a challenge?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

I was called for an initial phone screening. After a few weeks, I was given the chance to fly up to Waltham for an in-person interview. The itinerary of the interview process was very ambiguous. I was given a date to fly up and a time to interview, that's it. After receiving a solicited email reply confirming travel reimbursement, I booked a plane and hotel. Other than that, I was just told to come into the office at a specific time, no preparation, no interviewer name, no documents telling me more about the position or the company. I felt like I was going out on a limb by flying up to Boston, that the company was not invested in my interview.

The interviewing process was very pleasant. I thought the interviewers were professional, casual and engaged. The questions were entirely behavioral. The role wasn't clearly defined from the start which didn't change after the interview was over.

I was told I would hear back by the end of the week. It took an additional week to hear that I was no longer being considered for the position. Boilerplate email.

"We enjoyed meeting with you to discuss your credentials and experience. While we were impressed with your background and experience, we have concluded that another candidate's qualifications more closely match our requirements. We sincerely regret that we cannot offer you employment with our organization at this time. You have our best wishes for success in locating the career opportunity you deserve. We appreciate your interest and the time you have invested in interviewing with National Grid."

I spent time and money to fly up for an interview. I feel like that is worth a personalized email explaining my shortcomings.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

3 rounds of phone/ in person interviews with manager, director and Human Resources. First two interviews were over the phone since I was still in school and the third I came into the office to meet the team

Interview Questions

• What kinds of interests do you have? Where do you see yourself working after graduation? What is your 10 year plan? Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Customer Service Rep position. 1+ week I got an email stating thag I have to attend a SIMS Test. It is basically a test giving you a feel of how working at the Call Center would be.
    If you pass the test you get interviewed right after.
    The interview consist of general questions and then near the end you will to a mock call with a customer.
    Depending on how you do and your ratings is if you get hired.
    Im still waiting for a call back to see if i went to the next step.
    Make sure you research the history on the company

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone screening with a person from HR. Very friendly, semi-casual just about school and experience in the field and why I would make a good fit. Talked about the company and the position as well.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for an analytical role in this company?   Answer Question

Analyst/Senior ANalyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter through email to schedule a phone screen. Once the phone screen passed, you had to complete an online assessment made up of verbal/logical/financial reasoning which was quite challenging. If successful, there is an in-person interview for an hour followed by a second in-person interview testing specific technical skills.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a response to take an exam. After passing it I waited 2 weeks and was invited to the interview. I was interviewed by 3 supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when there was a worker who was doing what they were supposed to do   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Contractor Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with three people plus myself. They made me very comfortable, asked pertinent questions. Asked real life challenging questions.

I was not shown where I would be sitting, but I did get to meet who would be my manager and a peer.

I was allowed all the time I needed to answer questions and ask my own questions. The entire interview lasted about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Used specific, real life issues and asked what tools I would use to remedy the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a contractor the negotiations were done through a 3rd party.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Worcester, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went through a initial competency test then a phone call interview. Easy and simple test to pass. The phone call interview wasn't too bad, general questions. Asked more about teamwork and leadership experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you felt pressured? How did you handle it.   1 Answer