National Grid USA Project Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA.

Interview

Viewed opening on company website and directed to Monster.com to apply for the position. Received call from recruiter approximately 3-4 weeks after applying asking if I had time to speak or if I'd like to schedule time for a brief call. Feeling prepared, I decided to speak at that time. Recruiter conducted an initial screening where 2-3 basic questions were asked; how did I hear of the position, what skills would I like to develop and why the interest in this particular role/ company. Upon successfully answering these questions, I was told that she would like me to meet with three members of the particular team in which I would be working. A tentative date and time was immediately scheduled. A confirmation email was sent a day or so prior to the tentatively scheduled interview. I was surprised to learn upon arrival that the interview would be conducted by the three team members simultaneously. Less difficult than I had imagined for being screened in front of three people at the same time. They were kind and courteous and made me feel very much at ease. They began with a list of about 10 standard questions compiled by Human Resources. Questions asked include: tell me about a difficult obstacle with your last employer/ company and how you overcame it, what is your greatest weakness, etc. Once those questions were out of the way, we continued on in somewhat of a relaxed discussion. I took notes and came prepared with my own set of questions to ask if they hadn't already been answered. This particular interview ran about an hour. As with all interviews, I sent out three personalized thank you emails later on that day. Less than a week later, I received another call from the recruiter saying that they would like me to meet with the hiring manager. A tentative date was set for which I later received email confirmation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer given was within my desired salary range. No negotiation necessary.