National Grid USA Interview Questions in Waltham, MA | Glassdoor

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

This company is a joke, very unprofessional. I went on site with the company in June. They promised to reimburse all the travel expense including flight, hotel, rental car etc. So far they haven't sent me the check. when I contacted the HR person, they are not responding.
    The hiring manager said after the interview that I will hear from them very soon. Well, two months past, I haven't heard anything from anyone. I know it is standard these days, but at least pay my money back as promised.
    Before I interviewed with this company, it seems similar situation happened to other person.
    Be aware of this company. I can't believe this is a fortune 500 company does, I have interviewed with many of them. National grid is most unprofessional.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial HR Phone Interview, 3 weeks later email link to take on-line test, Verbal, Math, Problem Solving, was challenging, similar to GMAT, practice tests and 3 actual tests, 3-4 hours to complete the testing, apparently passed the test, called in for on site interiew 1 week later, interviewed with manager and team member, they were looking for someone with a strong finance background which I didn't have, never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• HR Phone questions, What motivates you? How do you overcome a challenge?   Answer Question

Manager of Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers, hiring manager and a colleague. Very detailed approach and very formal. The hiring manager was very well prepared having all of my paperwork in front of her and it was clear that she had certain areas of my experience where she wanted to go deeper. Her colleague was just reading my resume during the interview and then he started to ask me a series of questions about the energy industry, which I handled with some success. He seemed more interested in my critical thinking skills as opposed to my knowledge of the energy industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation when you dealt with a "problem associate", describe the situation, precisely what actions you took, and what was the end result.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions. They ask a question and you have to find a situation and describe it. Not very long. Questions were on diversity, teamwork, ethics, and safety. About 7 questions Total.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to say because it was against company policy.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two people have interviewed me. It was about 30 minutes. They asked lots of questions and took notes. All questions are behavioral questions. But some of them are out of my expectation. They asked me what would you do when you see an emergency. I thought of some first-aid procedures.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral questions. But some of them are out of my expectation.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews. Two of them were rescheduled multiple times due to the schedules of the interviewers. The overall process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any concerns about the job.   1 Answer

Designer B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later had a test that everyone takes no matter what position. I passed the test and 4 weeks later was contacted by hiring manager and scheduled an interview at the Waltham Ma offices. I was interviewed by 3 people a manager and 2 supervisors for the position I was interviewing for.

Construction Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview was easy going with 4 of the National Grid Employees asking you questions that do not have anything to do with your work history. Then after the whole interview processes the person that is in control of the interview says to me " We will be in contact with you in 4-8weeks to let you know if you have received the position". Very Shocking!! Since my interview processes I have turned down several offers for other companies, because the interview went well with National Grid. Word of advice do not put all your eggs in one basket! A little about me I have 2 college degrees ASCPM and BSCM, CSL License, and many other Certifications, and 26 years in the construction industry. I am surprised about their decision not to hire me for the position of CSL Supervisor, but it is not what you know, it is who you know!!??

Interview Questions

• The questions were very open ended questions.   1 Answer

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by two heads of the department that I was applying for. A man and a woman, one after another, they were both very nice and made me feel very comfortable. They also required me to bring in wrinting samples at the interview, an essay paper and a presentation.

The lady, who is also the head of the department called me back after a few days and with the bad news that they went with someone else.