National Grid USA Interview Questions in Waltham, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Contractor interview for Analyst position. It was an average interview. No technical questions. Mostly talked about behavioral questions and duties of the position. 2 weeks after recruiter offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have a conflict with your colleagues.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

This company is a joke, very unprofessional. I went on site with the company in June. They promised to reimburse all the travel expense including flight, hotel, rental car etc. So far they haven't sent me the check. when I contacted the HR person, they are not responding.
    The hiring manager said after the interview that I will hear from them very soon. Well, two months past, I haven't heard anything from anyone. I know it is standard these days, but at least pay my money back as promised.
    Before I interviewed with this company, it seems similar situation happened to other person.
    Be aware of this company. I can't believe this is a fortune 500 company does, I have interviewed with many of them. National grid is most unprofessional.

Lead Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA).

Interview

From initial contact to the actual interview took over 4 months. After the interview, the offer notification took approximately 6-weeks. Other than having long waiting periods, the entire process was very professional especially the interviewers

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your salary expectation for this position (last question asked)
      2) Why do you want to work for us?
      3) What would you do in various scenarios.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial HR Phone Interview, 3 weeks later email link to take on-line test, Verbal, Math, Problem Solving, was challenging, similar to GMAT, practice tests and 3 actual tests, 3-4 hours to complete the testing, apparently passed the test, called in for on site interiew 1 week later, interviewed with manager and team member, they were looking for someone with a strong finance background which I didn't have, never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• HR Phone questions, What motivates you? How do you overcome a challenge?   Answer Question

Contractor Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with three people plus myself. They made me very comfortable, asked pertinent questions. Asked real life challenging questions.

I was not shown where I would be sitting, but I did get to meet who would be my manager and a peer.

I was allowed all the time I needed to answer questions and ask my own questions. The entire interview lasted about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Used specific, real life issues and asked what tools I would use to remedy the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a contractor the negotiations were done through a 3rd party.

Manager of Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers, hiring manager and a colleague. Very detailed approach and very formal. The hiring manager was very well prepared having all of my paperwork in front of her and it was clear that she had certain areas of my experience where she wanted to go deeper. Her colleague was just reading my resume during the interview and then he started to ask me a series of questions about the energy industry, which I handled with some success. He seemed more interested in my critical thinking skills as opposed to my knowledge of the energy industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation when you dealt with a "problem associate", describe the situation, precisely what actions you took, and what was the end result.   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

A set of pre-determined questions from HR about past experiences and office ethics. The interviewer also asked their own questions. For the most part it was a relaxed conversation. I was interviewed by two people, the hiring manager and an engineer who worked for him. I made sure to answer questions to both of them instead of just to the person who asked.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you knew someone was saying something incorrect in a meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made several requests for a signing bonus, relocation money, and compensation for turning down healthcare. They are all denied. The salary I was being offered was slightly higher than I expected so I still took the offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions. They ask a question and you have to find a situation and describe it. Not very long. Questions were on diversity, teamwork, ethics, and safety. About 7 questions Total.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to say because it was against company policy.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two people have interviewed me. It was about 30 minutes. They asked lots of questions and took notes. All questions are behavioral questions. But some of them are out of my expectation. They asked me what would you do when you see an emergency. I thought of some first-aid procedures.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral questions. But some of them are out of my expectation.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid USA (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was fairly easy, mostly behavioral questions, just walk in and meet a manager, then go to the room and meet another manager. They go back and forth on questions. Then you have time to ask them questions .