National Indemnity Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Indemnity Company Interview Questions

3.2

Underwriting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company.

Interview

Phone Interview fallowed by a test. Phone Interview went over resume and basic skills. Test part was difficult and I think that is where I messed up. Study basic and complex math for the test.

Interview Questions

• Simple and hard math questions with word association.

1:x as x:25
      Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone screen/interview. Went into office to interview with different people over a few hour span. I was asked to discuss my early jobs. There were no trick questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted first offer.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I spoke with them at a college career fair, and about 2 months later they called me asking for an interview. 1 Month Later I had a phone interview, and then about 1 month after that I had to take both a basic math skills test and a word association test. 2 months later I had an in-person interview, and I was hired about 3 months after that.

Interview Questions

• An insurance agent needs to spend $100 on paperwork for a premium, and they want to make a 5% profit at the end. They have 10 months of coverage where the possible loss is $500 a month. How much should they charge the client?   3 Answers

Underwriting Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company (Santa Clarita, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. I applied to the position in Santa Clarita, CA.

-1st interview is a phone interview where he/she asks you basic interview questions (i.e., why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years)

-2nd interview is in person with one of the HR people. First hour consists of three timed tests. The first is a math test where you calculate percentages and you add/subtract. Second test is a proofreading test. Third test is a typing test. The second hour is the in-person interview. She/He asks you to go over your resume, asks behavioral questions. Pretty straightforward. The staff was really nice.

Still waiting on an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time questions, why do you want to work here, Name a few things you liked and disliked about your former supervisors   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. Consists of about 10 interviews, one with the vice president and and a manager from each department. Fairly in depth technical insurance questions, but the more difficult ones were the off the cuff mental math and completely random general knowledge questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

The first interview was on campus after a career fair. This was followed by a verbal and math test and a phone interview. The company then flew the top candidates to Omaha for a final interview.

Compliance and Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company (Omaha, NE) in July 2012.

Interview

I had emailed a cover letter along with my resume and was contacted within 2 days to set up a phone interview. During my phone interview, I was asked many questions about how I did in high school, my high school GPA, to rate my math skills from 1-10, ACT score, college GPA and to describe my current job. After the interview, I was told that it would be a week at the earliest before I heard back from them. I was called within 24 hours to set up an in person interview. The interview took place two days later. I took two assessments, a word problem portion and a math portion. I was given 20 minutes to complete the word problems, which were 40 analogies that were quite easy. I finished within 10 minutes and waited for the interviewer to return. I then took the math portion which was 10 minutes long and only 20 questions, I did not make it halfway through when my time ran up. After the assessment, I was provided with a detailed job description and then the interview began. There were the basic interview questions: strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.. After the interview finished up, the interviewer asked me to keep her informed of the other job prospects that I had and to email her a copy of my college transcript. I did email my transcript and received a confirmation of receipt the following day. I sent a follow up email about a week and a half after my interview to keep them in the loop about other interviews with other companies and never received a response. I did received a job offer from another company so I called National Indemnity to inquire if I was still a candidate and to let them know about the other offer. I left a message. A week goes by and I finally receive a call from HR to let me know I am not a candidate. I'm not upset that I did not get the job, I wanted it, but with the 4 weeks of silence I already knew that it wasn't going to happen. I have nothing against this company and if given the chance, would like to work for them in the future.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company (Omaha, NE) in May 2012.

Interview

I replied to an online job posting and was contacted the next day for a brief (10 min) phone interview. They soon offered a formal interview, and paid my mileage to get there. Spoke with two HR professionals, a direct department manager, and took two timed competency tests (one in math, the other had to do with patterns and relationships). Process took about an hour and a half.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Indemnity Company (Omaha, NE) in May 2011.

Interview

very interesting interview and interview questions , to begin with there was an IQ test , then a few rounds of non technical interviews , finally i had a technical round and a meeting with the AVP and VP.

Interview Questions

• how many bottles of shampoo are consumed in US per month   1 Answer