National Information Solutions Cooperative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Information Solutions Cooperative Interview Questions

Interviews at National Information Solutions Cooperative

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative.

Interview

First part of the interview was going over what the company does and explaining the benefits offered if hired. The next part of the interview was a two part (one hour each) coding exercise in which a problem was given and a solution was needed. Both parts are held with current software engineer employees. The last part is more of a traditional interview format in which the person being interviewed meets with a couple people at once and normal interview questions are asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was scheduled an interview 2 weeks later. Had a tour of the building. Then I was asked some behavioral questions by the manager.

After that, I had a programming interview with 3 engineers there. I was told that the programming interview was a peer programing. But I had to do everything myself. I had to talk to myself and tried to explain my thought the whole time. And the other engineers barely listened to what I said. They were focusing on their work. They basically didn't care much about what I said. It was so embarrassing.

The programing interview had 2 questions, string compression and something about matrix.

After over an hour of programming interview, I was brought back to the manager and was asked some other behavioral questions.

I was told that I would hear back within a week. But I've never heard anything from them. Not even an email stating that I wasn't given an offer.

NOTHING AT ALL. Such a waste of time.

Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative (Lake Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was a good interview, and I loved the fact that they got back to me the next day or so. Basically there was a pair programming part to solve some simple problem, then there were some questions, then there was a tour of the place and benefits info. There were two managers that interviewed me, and a senior team member paired with me for the skills exercise. There was also an HR lady who presented benefits and stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't remember there being a negotiation phase. One thing they did accomodate was hiring me directly into full time instead of as a contractor in order to accomodate the fact that I have a family to take care of and stuff. That was a very nice gesture and one of the reasons I went with them instead of my other offer.

Software Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative in December 2017.

Interview

Pretty quick, they get back to you in a fair amount of time. The interview is kind of uncomfortable. This is a good company from all the facts and information they provide on their flyers and the people seem nice, but the interviews are a little uncomfortable.

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative (Lake Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. I was called in for an interview. It was with 2 managers in a small room and they asked me some basic questions about my qualifications. They wanted to know what kinds of stuff I'd worked on before. There was a written exam that would be easy for anyone with a CS degree.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The HR lady told me the offer and I accepted over the phone a few hours later.

Software Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative.

Interview

Very smooth

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mandan, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative (Mandan, ND) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone and then continued with an interview time being scheduled. I then went in and sat with three different individuals as they asked me a series of questions related to my experience and they inquired about why I wanted to work for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

I Applied on LInkedIn and got an email 2 days later requesting an in person interview, there was no initial phone screening. The first session was a simple one on one with the hiring manager: we reviewed my experience, how I heard about the position etc. The second part was a development session with two team members. I programmed in Java, but they let you choose a language beforehand. I was presented with two problems to solve: the first was to group characters in a string by count (ex: 'aaabbaaa' would return a3b2a3). Once I solved that, they added a couple restrictions on the functionality of the method, though I can't remember exactly what they were. I had gotten partway through that, but ran out of time. Overall they treated the exercise much like I was working as a team member: they gave me clarifications when I had a question, as well as questioned when they thought something I was doing wouldn't work. After that there was a brief follow up with the hiring manager again. Overall the process was very straightforward and the interviewers were very personable. A few days later, I received a voicemail requesting a follow up which made me think they had some kind of offer or second stage interview. We ended up playing phone tag for a few days as our free time didn't line up. When we were eventually able to talk, they told me they were going to pursue other candidates, and simply said I should apply again if they had another opening. I was promised feedback from my interviewers, but they never got back to me. My only real complaint here is how the follow up was handled: a simple email would have saved both of us time and myself being let down, I also wish they had provided feedback, especially since they encouraging me to apply again, but I can understand how stuff like that can slip your mind if you're busy.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I was sat down in the lobby until I was brought to a room and was given 30 minutes to take an 18 question quiz. The questions were short answer type questions. I then had 3 managers enter the room and they asked me questions about past projects I have done, questions from the quiz, and just asked me to talk about myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Information Solutions Cooperative (Lake Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly long and unexpected for a first interview; four hours.

It involved meeting with an HR representative for an hour to go over the various benefits of the company (fitness facilities, sick room for a child, etc.), then an hour doing coding exercises with a Java developer (they are a Java facility), another hour of doing coding exercises with another Java developer -- this, despite me not being a Java developer and not applying for a Java developer position. Note that they are looking for problem solving skills, not necessarily programming skills during these coding exercises. And it's good to know that the developers you interview with come up with these problems on their own then watch you try to figure out the solution.

Then there was an hour with three individuals from various teams talking about my background and why I would want to work with them.

After having already had three hours of conversation and tasks all of my questions were answered so it was difficult to come up with questions for the inevitable, "Do you have any questions for us?" phase.

Interview Questions

• The challenges presented in the developer programming hours were probably most challenging. They were expecting me to do these tasks in languages I didn't use and had no experience with.   1 Answer