National Instruments Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

203 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ELP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

On site interview. There were four different interviewers - Behavioral, R&D, Systems, and Technical. Additionally, I had to give a 10-minute presentation on a technical topic of my choice in front of about 5 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudo-code to sort an array of different shades of grey.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

45 min behavioral and technical interview. Asked 2 behavioral questions and moved on to a technical question with a follow up. First and apparently only interview for NI. Recruiter was very friendly and helpful during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have to find a very difficult bug.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was pretty chill. Talked about resume and asked a binary tree question. Dude was pretty laid back and stuff. Interview was 45 min with 1 technical question and behavioral stuff.

ELP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone technical interview, and then was asked to do an on-site interview at National Instruments in Austin, TX. The onsite interview consisted of many behavioral questions, a couple more technical questions, and a 10-minute presentation on a technical topic.

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

I submitted my application in spring to work during summer, but got called back for the fall semester. I received an email and set up a time for the interview. I drove up to the HQ for it. The interview was pretty standard. I was asked to introduce myself. We went through my resume and was asked about my previous projects from work and leadership positions. I later received a phone call to see if I wanted accept my offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

They were very nice. Full day of on site interviews. Historian interview just to get to know me. A interview with their marketing and their sales departments. A technical presentation and a few behavioral and technical interviews.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. Next was a in person interview with a senior administrative assistant and other admins in the department. Lastly an in person interview with the executive this role would be supporting.
    Overall negative experience because after waiting 2 weeks following the 3rd round of interviews I received no response to any of my follow up and eventually an automated reply from the jobs website, rather than a personal email or phone call.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

First interview, I met with two employees, and took a grammar/editing test. Next interview, met with several panels of employees over the course of about six hours. Lunch and a campus tour were also provided. I was told the candidate selection process was very stringent and selective.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in person and online and then met with an interviewer ( current employee ) do to an interview, conducted a behavioral and asked computer science questions which took about an hour long to conduct. Received feed back later in the week from them.

Interview Questions

• In C++, copy a linked list by going through the original and not altering its state.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a few panel sessions that focused around previous work I've done, as well as a lot of "what would you do in this situation" questions. There was also a "test" where you talked to an engineer, watched them work with a product, and then reported on your experience in another panel session to show your aptitude.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to this position   1 Answer