National Instruments Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

National Instruments Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Very professional and everyone tried to make you comfortable in the process. Was asked to design an IT solution for a store with 10 branches and how would they manage their payments, inventory etc. There were 4 rounds of interview and then were asked to join everyone (including other candidates) for dinner that night.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

First there was a "phone screening", which was interview #1. Then they called back and invited me for a meet and greet lunch with three other associates and managers, in their company lunch room.
    After another week, I got called back to do a presentation (power point) about myself, and then do three interviews after that. One that was a two panel, then two three panel interviews. I didn't get called back for the second two panel interview. Questions up to that point were about the company, a little bit about the job and my experience, a lot that gauged my business knowledge, and behavioral based questions. I was under-qualified, so I had trouble answering them

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a virtual team, tell me about it.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

First round interview on campus. Asked some softballs, some difficult questions. It feels like the interviewer is just trying to write down your responses as fast as he can so that they may be reviewed on paper. After that I was contacted for a second round at their office. The office visit was a great experience, campus tour, lunch panel, two interviews that are a little more conversational and in depth but nothing too strenuous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Met the hiring manager at a professional org meeting, and she mentioned several open positions in her department (not all on her team). I passed along my resume, and later received a voicemail from a recruiter about discussing one of the open positions a little more.

I called several times, left multiple voicemails, and was never able to connect with the recruiter, but was able to finally schedule a phone call with her via LinkedIn. What I *thought* was a phone call with *her* (the recruiter) to learn which position she was actually talking about turned out to be A PHONE INTERVIEW with the hiring manager for a position I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THE TITLE OF, let alone know the job description, the qualifications, or even if I would be interested in! Imagine answering "what qualifications make you best suited for this position?" when you don't even know what the job is! Absolutely terrible experience, and based on what I'd heard about NI, it makes it pretty clear this is the last interview I'll be having with them. Off my list!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Hiring manager was asking some behavioral questions through phone interview. The whole process was not a good experience and I find the manager is oversmart and belittle my experience skill and intimidating. I will say this with all due respect - but if you are a manager and you can't make the candidate feel at ease, you are missing out on a whole bunch of information that would be very valuable to you.  This is the hiring manager whom will reject a candidate because the manager might be intimidated, or didn't pull out enough information, or - the candidate didn't meet your high standards of perfection - there are times when a hiring manager needs a little reality check.

If you have a key skill set and Mr. Hiring Manager doesn't have the common decency or the common professionalism to set a candidate at professional ease well then Mr. Hiring Manager you have failed in your number one duty and perhaps are not fit as a manager in the first place.  The number one key skill every manager should have is INTERVIEWING.

Even if I got the offer , I will reject it straight away because I will not have a good experience working under a low EQ superior and soon will resign anyway. At least show some respect. Good luck to whoever work under this person.