National Instruments Interview Questions in China | Glassdoor

3.3

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2016.

Interview

Presentation of the work you did, knowledge in testing systems. Quiz of testing for high precision measurement. Customer facing experience. available for trips? how many words there are? Still to go.

Technical Translator (English -> Simplified Chinese) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Computer-based written test: This part included translation of technical terms and short texts (English <-> Chinese), and two essays in English and Chinese separately. It was taken on-site at the NI office and lasted for 2 hours. Candidates must complete the test on an NI laptop. No internet connection was allowed. A dictionary would be provided if asked.

2. Phone interview with linguists of the localization team: This part includes general background questions and questions based on the professional experience stated in the resume. It took about 1 hour.

3. Face-to-face interview: This part consisted a 10-15min presentation, a 45min panel interview and a 30min technical interview. The presentation was given to the whole localization team. It was like a more detailed and vivid version of your resume, or a showcase of your professional skills and portfolio. I was given 3-4 days to prepare for it. Then came the panel interview with the localization manager and linguists. They asked very detailed questions on your previous projects, trying to find out your understanding and knowledge of NI, technical translation and best practices in this field. There were also questions regarding individual professional development plan (given the fact that I was about to graduate from an M.A. program at that time). The last few minutes were opened up to the candidate to ask them questions. After that there was a 10min break. Then the candidate would be led to a separate meeting room for another interview with localization engineers. They asked more NI-specific and technical questions such as the UI localization of LabVIEW, the design of a (relatively simple) algorithm and the implementation of a CAT tool.

The result: I quit before they made the final decision as I was admitted to an M.A. program in localization. Still, the interview was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you see any issues in this screenshot of LabVIEW? How would you improve it if you were the technical translator?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

1. Phone interview;
    2. On site interview including making a presentation in English, technical interview, programming test.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harbin (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Harbin (China)) in June 2012.

Interview

phone interview: asked some basic information, and discribed some activities u did before in English.
    Group interview: took only 10 mins, show ur ability to sale products.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2011.

Interview

1,ppt to inroduce your project which you did in school
    2,basic skill interview, c c++ data structure
    3,write some code on PC
    4,interview with mgr

Negotiation

i did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2010.

Interview

As a fresh graduate, you will get a phone interview which is around 30 minutes. The on-site interview includes 15 minutes presentation about your self, 2 rounds technical interview, 1 round general interview with your potential manager, and 1 round programming test on a computer.

Interview Questions

• The final programming test has questions you won't see on the textbook. ACM online judge experience would certainly help.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2010.

Interview

Firstly phone interview talking about the backgound of interviewee. Then 1:1 interview by department manager talking and then group or 1:1 interview with the company manager.

Interview Questions

• Decribe how the transistor amplifier circuit (drawn on a white board) works?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2008.

Interview

1. College presentation about the company
    2. 1:1 interview at the college about the basic skills of CS and also IQ test
    3. Presentation about what you have done before work, what's your projects at school and so on
    4. Technical interview about the CS skills
    5. General interview.
    6. Programming test.

Interview Questions

• What's your most unforgettable experience during the internship?   Answer Question