National Instruments Hardware Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Hardware Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They got back to me about a couple of weeks after I submitted my application online. The interview was 45 mins long and they asked mostly behavioral questions and one technical question. The questions were mostly about leadership experience and experience in hardware debugging skills. She listed out the whole process at the beginning of the interview and the whole process was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Given a sequential series of inputs, output a 1 for a unique sequence of 101.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Provo, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with the company at a lunch in on campus. They were very kind and put us in a very comfortable setting. A week later I talked to recruits at the career fair and gave them my resume. Within a week, I was called and set up for an interview. They provided an info session going over all the questions they would ask in the interview. I interview on campus one on one with an alumni from my school. They really focused their interview on my thought process and de-bugging abilities.

Interview Questions

• A time you had a bug and how you fixed it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter for National Instruments at the career fair and handed him my resume. The recruiter, then, contacted me later than evening to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest problem you ran into and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2014.

Interview

Got an interview through the school career fair. The interview was split into 2 part. I was asked to explain my previous projects work in terms of design difficulties and debugging. After that I was asked questions on filter frequency response and op-amp gains.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nash, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Nash, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview the day after the career fair at my college. The interview was held at some office five minutes away from the campus. Interview was moderately difficult. At first we talked about my experience, and projects. Then got into questions. I didn't have any idea about the first question (no academic background on that topic at that time). So, the interviewer switched to digital logic questions, which I had experience in. Questions scaled in difficulty.

Didn't receive a rejection letter. Emailed them back after two weeks, then they confirmed that I had not been selected.

Interview Questions

• Implement the digital circuit design for an Aerosmith concert lights that go Red-Yellow-Blue-Green and Blue-Blue-Red-Yellow.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through the career expo through my university. I was also asked to apply online at ni.com, which required setting up an account and going through the application on the website (which I don't think my interviewers even looked at, it was just formality).

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design a non-inverting amplifier, and then I was asked questions afterwards, such as what happens if my op-amp has some current leaking into the outputs.   Answer Question

Interview

Campus career fair, only an 1 hour interview with some questions of basic analog circuit. Then I waited for nearly one month and sent an email to ask for the result. Then the offer came after several days.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult. The interviewer asked me to talk about the experience that what is the most difficult problem I have met and how I solve it   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later through email. The interview took place over the phone and was about 45 minutes long. It comprised of mostly behavioral questions and one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Had to determine how a state machine would function given a few rules, such as "it goes from blue to green to red to blue to green" and stuff like that. Basically just create states for each result and make a one-hot from it using flip-flops.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer I Intern Interview

Interview

I got a call through the career fair at UF. The interview was scheduled the next day itself. Questions were relatively easy with some of the obvious ones like tell me about any challenging situation you faced and how you tackled it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume at career fair. Had a single phone interview with 2 tech questions on Digital logic and 2 HR questions.