National Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

I talked to NI at my college career fair and they were there to specifically interview for ELP. After a 20 minute discussion with the recruiter, they said they'd email us if we got an interview. I received an interview and it took place a couple days later on campus. The interview was half behavioral and half technical. The technical questions were fairly easy and exactly the ones that are posted on this site. They haven't changed the questions in like 10 years.

Interview Questions

• How does a microphone work?   1 Answer

Engineering Leadership Program (ELP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

6 Different Interviews:
    1 Cultural fit interview- 30 min
    1 Technical interview - 45 min
    1 behavioral interview- 30 min
    2 career path interviews- 30 min each
    1 technical presentation- 10 min
    Overall, the interviews are pretty standard although doing them all in one day is pretty hectic. These interviews were on site and we got to talk to employees and tour the campus.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as a fit at National Instruments?   Answer Question

ELP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Spoke to NI at my schools career fair. The recruiters were very nice and informative about the program. A day or two later I was scheduled for an on-ground interview. The interview was behavioral with a technical component. It was fairly easy/fun. I was then flown out to the Austin, TX campus for a final round interview. The interview was easy but some of the employees seemed unprepared for the interview. They paid for a weekend out which was great too.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about project experience. Technical questions about signal processing and simple mechatronic concepts.   Answer Question

ELP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

2 interviews, one behavioral and one technical. Questions were straight forward but seemed to have one optimal solution. You are able to answer the questions then if you get caught on something the interviewer moves on and assists you. Not scary at all.

Interview Questions

• Find one missing number from an array from 0-100   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Woburn, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy, 2 interviews with administrative assistant in Texas and a regional sales manager. Basic questions. Was told that they'd move forward with the recruitment process and the next couple of days they told me that they have a family member in the area that needed a job so they had to give it to her. Quite discriminatory and unpleasant, unprofessional experience

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I met the recruiter on campus at a career fair, and was invited a few hours later to an on-campus one on one interview. I was told to prepare for both behavioral and technical questions. The interview was scheduled for the next day, and I got a response from NI a week later.

Interview Questions

• Implement and shuffle a deck of 52 cards
      Find the average of a binary tree
      Hardest debug   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

First round interview on campus. Asked some softballs, some difficult questions. It feels like the interviewer is just trying to write down your responses as fast as he can so that they may be reviewed on paper. After that I was contacted for a second round at their office. The office visit was a great experience, campus tour, lunch panel, two interviews that are a little more conversational and in depth but nothing too strenuous.

Software Engineering Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at the college career fair. She called me later that day to set up an interview within the next week. Interviewed on college campus and she said she would get back to me in 3 weeks. Received denial letter within the 3rd week.

Interview Questions

• Name a particularly difficult bug you encountered and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you represent a deck of cards in code? Now write code to shuffle that deck of cards.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

applied online through university recruiting. had an on campus interview that lasted for about 45 minutes. simple behavioral questions and one technical question about a binary tree. they are understanding and try to make it conversational. also, the technical question was not on a laptop but rather mostly through pseudo code on a sheet of paper. it was important to list the thinking process behind it.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I was asked to draw some of the things I worked on previously and explain what I did exactly. I was asked thermo and manufacturing questions. It was one on one with the interviewer. He asked me questions about my previous experiences. He was interested in me because I had mentioned projects I was working on and a previous internship.