National Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

There were 3 behavioral and 2 technical questions. The technical questions were not difficult as a Junior, but as a Sophomore, they were a bit tricky unless you were an EE.

Interview Questions

• Questions about op-amps, transducers, and electric circuits.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

The process started with meeting a recruiter at my university's career fair. After talking briefly and handing in my resume I was told to apply online and that I'd be contacted for an interview. A week later I was scheduled for a one hour on campus interview. A week after the interview I was told I did not have the position.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest debug? How did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • In code, how would you make a deck of cards? Next, how would you randomly shuffle this deck of cards with the highest efficiency? Finally, write the code to do this.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

In campus interview, I did not get called for a second round interview because they had only 10 intern spots for the whole country, hence it was very competitive. Code the answers in java or c# since their application developers don't seem to understand or like pointers that well.

Interview Questions

• Program a card deck, reverse a linked list recursively.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Interview

An on-site interview that lasted all day. They set you up in a nice hotel and treat you very well. I came away with a strong sense of what it would be like to work there. The behavioral questions were pretty basic. The technical interview was detailed and difficult, but fair. They help you through portions if you're struggling so that you can get through to the end. There was also a presentation portion so they can get a feel for your public speaking abilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your skills fitting it and contributing with National Instruments?   Answer Question

Event Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied through my schools recruiting web portal. I heard back after about 1-2 weeks. The first round was with the manager of the team Rod Seibels. He was very friendly in the interview and seemed interested if I would be a good fit culturally. The second round was a phone interview with a member of the team a week later. She asked me more about my work habits and strengths. A few days later she called me again to extend an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I got this interview from college career fair. It's a 1-on-1 interview that took 45 minutes. The interviewer is an alumni of our college and the interview is hosted on campus. It had 2 behavioral questions and one technical question. After those, I got 5 minutes to ask the interviewer some questions about the position and the company. The interviewer said I'll hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a job expo at my university, then they contacted me via email to set up a single interview. The interview went relatively okay and the technical question was easy. They asked me a few behavioral questions and then 1 technical question. The technical question was made more difficult by follow up questions which I didn't answer as well as I could've.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Provo, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview, I have been asked two behavioral questions and three technical questions. Those two behavioral questions was given before the interview but technical questions was not.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate average of a binary tree?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I got this opportunity at campus career fair. The next day I had the on campus 1:1 Interview. There were two behavior questions and two technique questions. I didn't answer well the follow up questions. Then I didn't receive an offer after one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter at the university Career Fair. The same day, I got a call and was invited to interview on campus. The interview first consisted of behavioral questions and technical questions. One question was to describe a software bug that you encountered in a past, and how did you solve it. The recruiter said that they had only 10 spots for interns, so it was highly competitive.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm that would shuffle a deck of cards   2 Answers