National Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

ELP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

They came to my college campus. I was contacted for an on-campus screening, and got a call back for an on-campus interview. After about a week, they invited me out for on-site interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I went to career fair and they told me to apply online. I was given on-campus interview in 1 week. There is only one interview and it was 45 minutes.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was largely impersonal. I never saw outside of a conference room. Through rotating groups, it was a combination of technical and behavior questions, although mostly technical. As it was for a senior position, it started with a short presentation about previous work. Besides the questions, I would have expected much more of a tour of the facilities, selling me on them as much as them on me.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a project that was falling behind its original schedule.   Answer Question

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Davis, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Campus career fair and interview. The interview process was relatively painless. After a few technical questions they asked why I was interested in working at National Instruments and about my engineering background. They asked what were my long term goals for the future if I were to work at their company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

On campus interview. Interview was short, about 35 minutes. Had a bit of small talk, a technical question, and then I answered some questions about what team I would like to work with if I got an offer. Interviewer was incorrect about the space complexity of the algorithm so I felt like we hit a snag when I corrected them.

Interview Questions

• Find the average of a binary tree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was mainly composed of behavioral questions. Mainly what they are looking for is your thought process and how you work with others. At the end they gave me a coding question which was to write code in whichever language you prefer to find the height of a tree.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a bug you've encountered and the steps you took to fix it?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

This is an all-day affair, and very heavy on behavioral questions. Not much technical content. Interviews consisted of 2-4 people interviewing you at a time. You get one person who is sort of a guide through the day - he/she takes you from one interview to another, and answers any questions you have. Everyone was very nice, but the behavioral questions are a bit intense.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake. (And the follow-up) What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

There were 3 behavioral and 2 technical questions. The technical questions were not difficult as a Junior, but as a Sophomore, they were a bit tricky unless you were an EE.

Interview Questions

• Questions about op-amps, transducers, and electric circuits.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

In campus interview, I did not get called for a second round interview because they had only 10 intern spots for the whole country, hence it was very competitive. Code the answers in java or c# since their application developers don't seem to understand or like pointers that well.

Interview Questions

• Program a card deck, reverse a linked list recursively.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

The process started with meeting a recruiter at my university's career fair. After talking briefly and handing in my resume I was told to apply online and that I'd be contacted for an interview. A week later I was scheduled for a one hour on campus interview. A week after the interview I was told I did not have the position.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest debug? How did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • In code, how would you make a deck of cards? Next, how would you randomly shuffle this deck of cards with the highest efficiency? Finally, write the code to do this.   Answer Question