National Instruments Software Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Software Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

2.8

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments in March 2013.

Interview

well i had a interview of 35 minutes... asked the most difficult bug i ever solved talked about my participation in 1 of my undergrad technical event and then last 20 minute discussion over my project.

Interview Questions

• They will keep digging the project you chose at starting. So you should have at least 1 project(academic / industrial) about which you can talk for 20-25 minutes   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Contacted for interview after speaking to recruiter at career fair. No dress code, one hour interview, half behavioral, half technical. Behavior questions were basically what would you do if such and such, no real wrong answers here. Technical questions were in C++, and involved writing a class definition for a binary tree. There were also questions on how to debug, so make sure you know at least the bare basics of gdb and valgrind.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to find the average value of a binary tree.   1 Answer

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments in February 2014.

Interview

Call from career fair. Behavioral + a couple of technical problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Colorado, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (University of Colorado, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

On campus Interview applied through Career Fair
    HR Question i would be care full of , What do you expect or are going to get out of NI in terms of experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you represent a deck of Cards as a data structure and shuffle them if you are given a rand function   1 Answer
    • Average of a binary tree node values   1 Answer

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments in October 2011.

Interview

I handed out my resume at my university's career fair and I got a call back from a NI rep who was at the fair the same day and we scheduled a 1:1 for the next morning.

The questions were pretty standard tell me about a time things didn't go well... tell me about a time when you went above and beyond... when have you been challenged? etc...

Then the technical part was a series of questions having you to do some things with a deck of cards (shuffling, drawing, etc...)

There were some serious issues with being contacted about whether or not I would be offered a job though. I was supposed hear yes or no after 2 weeks but it ended up taking a month and a half (with a lot of "am I still being considered?" emails to keep things moving).

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2013.

Interview

Applied at school, the process took 1 week, and just had 1 interview