National Instruments Software Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Technician

National Instruments Software Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

30 Min Phone interview: Asked general questions about Resume and what I know about National Instruments and why I want to work for them. Some technical questions. Programming question : Add all values of an integer array and return the total sum.

On-Site Interview: Interview with 3 different sections, all asked general questions about background, and what I know about National Instruments and why I want to work for them. Programming questions: 1. Represent a poker card using a struct, the create a deck of cards using the struct. Then shuffle the deck of cards. 2. Basic knowledge on digital logic. using chips that take 2 values and return the max and min of the values sort in descending mode 4 values using the as many chips as needed (diagram only), then using binary find the missing value on a array of integers (array is full, no empty positions).

Interview Questions

• How to shuffle the array, and find empty value using binary search.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few months later, I got a call for a phone screen that lasted 20-30 minutes. A few days later, I got a call for an onsite interview.

The interview itself wasn't bad at all. I have a degree in Computer Engineering and my previous job was as a software developer. If you're used to interviews in this field, you should be perfectly fine. I don't remember much about the interview in particular, the questions weren't terribly technical so there isn't anything that would help to mention. They asked me general questions about the particular hardware their team uses in particular and about LabVIEW. If you get hints like that in your phone screen make sure you investigate so you can be somewhat knowledgeable for the onsite interview.

There were two one hour interviews, one with each of the teams I was being considered for.

General tips, be familiar with LabVIEW, even better if you happen to be CLAD certified. It's a big deal here as you can imagine. Most people here aren't certified but being certified looks great for an outside hire to have. Relax, read the other Technician interview reviews, and make sure you brush up on basic hardware and software knowledge. What they're looking for isn't arbitrary knowledge but general competency since you will be required to handle tasks with pretty wide breadth and variety.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed for two positions. One was not a software job at all but a stock clerk job. Track what equipment needs to go out for calibration. They keep trying to sell you on what a great company it is, but you look around and people are not all that happy. Said they would respond in one to two weeks. I had to contact them to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• find which card is missing from a card deck. Describe a time when you tried to convince someone to do something your way.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

My interview was scheduled for 9:00AM but I arrived at around 8:45AM. The campus is very easy to find and the visitor parking is well marked. I decided to go in early, and it turns out the recruiter was already waiting for me at the entrance. They were in a good mood and very friendly.

There were three different groups that I had to interview with. Each group had about an hour and asked me behavioral and technical questions. The behavioral questions were straight forward, but the technical questions varied in difficulty depending on each group. I was asked to solve different problems by shuffling class objects, efficiently sorting static and non-static arrays, and searching through binary trees. They let you write it out and take your time. I asked clarifying questions and even tried to get a few hints from them. The recruiters were very nice and helped openly.

My only complaint was that there were no breaks between the three interviewing groups. I could have asked, but presumed that there would be some down-time. It lasted about three and a half hours.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that will randomly shuffle a deck of card objects.   Answer Question

Software Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Only top talented guys, will get selected in any interviews. Full on Problem solving and aptitude. If you are good at Problem solving and aptitude skills, you will crack it anyways. Also your good attitude matters very much.