National Kidney Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through the process of multiple interviews for a Development position at NKF. One with HR in NY and another with the Executive Director in NC while living in a different state. I followed up with both multiple times and never received a response from anyone in regards to the last and final interview. If they have no intention of circling back around to interviewees to let them know they should keep job searching after coming off as very interested, they should never make those promises. Job searching is stressful enough without HR and Management ghosting people and leaving them in limbo about their future. This definitely isn't the type of organization I would be happy working for if they showcase a lack of respect and integrity like this so early in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you have had in the workplace or while managing volunteers and describe how you handled it.   Answer Question

Special Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Washington, DC).

Interview

Submitted resume online. Called for very brief phone screening. On-site interview with my future Event Manager (immediate supervisor). All of it was appropriately professional but relaxed. I actually enjoyed it, but I usually enjoy interviews. This really was a fun one, though. The staff in place, and thus also my eventual supervisor who conducted the interview, are all fun, interesting, happy people--it is reflected in the way they interact with and interview you. I left the interview kind of wanting to be her friend. I was her friend by the time the internship ended.

Interview Questions

• It was 4 years ago--I genuinely don't remember any questions, I just remember it being a good experience.   Answer Question

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. 2 rounds: 1st round with HR (obvious questions) & boss (simple conversation). 2nd round: Entire team; more detail on specific skills. I did have to follow up a few times after my first interview.

Overall a simple process. Was offered a standard salary of 40k & benefits. Would strongly reconsider this position to prospects when considering a development coordinator position with Greater NY.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your strengths/weaknesses; What's your greatest achievement; etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They provide a standard salary to all. Note: Promotions happen quickly, but little salary is added.

Special Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via an online job data base. I was emailed back soon to meet in person at their office in Chevy Chase. The interview was professional but not intimidating. I sat one on one and was asked questions about myself and my strengths. You do not need to know about kidney disease to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like to work for the National Kidney Foundation?   1 Answer

KEEP Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR within a week of applying. The next week or so I received another phone interview from the Director. The following week I had an in person interview. The next week I got an offer. The whole process was about 5 weeks. The staff were extremely professional and nice.

Interview Questions

• What is a program that you would create in order to bring awareness to kidney disease.   Answer Question

I received another opportunity at the same time. It was a hard decision.

National Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Sherman Oaks, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One interview on phone with HR person-went well. She asked good questions. Second phone interview with two people in the national office. Thought it went well too. They seemed interested as my experience fit this job description perfectly. Had done a similar job before. Then interviewed in person in Sherman Oaks office. Thought that one also went well. There were hints as to how much I needed to give my job.... They were going to wrap up this up quickly... I sent a thank you email ...Then silence until I emailed the HR person days later to find out and was told via email the job was given to someone else who best fit the qualifications. Good luck! Not an easy task and I did fit the qualifications, maybe overqualified.
    It would be nice to be treated with decency and get back to the person.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation in April 2015.

Interview

There was one phone interview followed by an in-person interview. They were very good about getting back to me in a timely manner with their decision. The in-person interview was easier than the first phone interview because they asked situational questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions like "why do you feel this is a good position for you" and they gave situations and asked how you would respond to them.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview with the company Executive Director. She was very nice but mainly focused about business. Everything went well and I was hired the same day.

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I received a phone call within a few weeks of submitting my application via email. I had a brief phone interview, then one in-person interview. I was offered the position within two weeks of the phone interview. No standard interview questions were asked, aside from "tell me about yourself." The focus of the interview was the job functions and how I would handle various situations related to the position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Several interviews, training with current manager

Negotiation

1 week