National League of Cities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at National League of Cities

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National League of Cities (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview about a week later. Then was called in about a week after that for an interview in-person. Was less "tell me about yourself" and more "what are your feelings on this policy..." I left feeling very good about it, sent a follow-up e-mail, but never heard from them after that. Apart from an automated rejection e-mail 2 months later. Thanks.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National League of Cities (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

The management came of very nice and honest. They seemed interested in talking about their own experiences more than analyzing mine. They provided me a in-depth view of the who they were and their expectations. However now having the job, the description and explanation of the work was somewhat misleading. They did not provide a very accurate description of the day-to-day expectations.
    In general I found the interview relatively easy but very long process. I had to be interviewed by four different people. However after all the efficiency I have been surprised by the lack of qualified and effective people that fill some of the job positions.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at National League of Cities (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

First contact two months after application. Interview scheduled. Traveled to DC. Interview panel of three people. MONTHS go by with no communication. I check the website from time to time, curious about staff listing in the department. No change. More time goes by (five months now) and one day the position has a name associated with it. (Not mine.) Still no communication.

Outreach/Communications Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National League of Cities (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule an interview more than 6 weeks after I had submitted my application. I was surprised to get called for an interview because it took them so long to get back to me. The turnaround time was 2-3 weeks longer than I had to wait to hear from other companies that I had applied to around that time. It also complicated things because the job announcement was no longer posted on the company website at that point, even though there was a statement that all jobs would stay posted until filled. This made me skeptical about the organization's recruiting process and level of organization.

I was further annoyed when the recruiter had to call me back to change the time of our phone interview after we had already confirmed a date/time.

Finally, when we actually had our phone interview, it turned out to be the recruiter and another employee from the department. Both people seemed unorganized and in a hurry. The questions were pretty basic, but I don't think I made it to the next round because I was somewhat distracted by the vibes from the interviewers and my initial annoyance with the organization.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about providing guidance to a city leader that calls you for advice on how to improve their community?   Answer Question

Lobbyist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National League of Cities.

Interview

Phone interview and three in person interviews

Negotiation

Disappointing . . they would not discuss anything