National Library of Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Library of Medicine

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Library of Medicine (Bethesda, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Everyone was very pleasant and informative in explaining what the job require. they answered all on my questions as far as the work environment. I received a tour of the library with a little bit of the library's history. I was impressed with the culture of the library.
    I also received a tour of the campus and shown how the shuttle service worked.
    I was introduced to all the upper management and team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how well I work in a team environment   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Library of Medicine (Bethesda, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was great, it was made clear to me what my tasks will be for the semester. Senior staff are friendly and approachable. Office-setting, quiet and conducive to work. Supervision is minimal, opportunity for growth is great.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a technical question about PubMed and I didn't know the answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Advice to others: RESEARCH the salary worth of the offer! Find similar positions at other agencies that have similar responsibilities or a similar level of responsibility and look up their salary.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Library of Medicine.

Interview

Both interviews were on Skype. Pleasant enough people. The first interview was harder than the second. Behavioral questions the first interview and open discussion the second. They asked vague questions in the second interview and I was not sure what they wanted. I gave them plenty of leads to show I knew the topic, but I guess that is not what they were looking for. One person in the second interview never said anything past hello. The rest of the time she took notes while the men talked. Way to keep women in the 50s, NLM!

Interview Questions

• The job description that I applied for was not the same I interviewed for. I was not told this until the interview, which I found completely unhelpful and unexpected.   Answer Question