National Medical Billing Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cuba, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Cuba, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Sat in a room with three of the supervisors. They asked me questions for about thirty minutes, it was an extremely comfortable environment and they made it very easy to speak with them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my strengths and weaknesses and what I could bring to NMBS as an employee   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

Fast.
    VP said adamantely that it is a high stress environment.
    Close minded on revenue cycle processes and management.
    Offer the next day. Changed remote agreement to "we will try and see if it works".

Coder Interview

Interview

There was quite a bit of paperwork to fill out as pre-employment. I was given coding tests with three various specialties with operative notes. Met with the key players in the department that I was applying for. Was given a tour of the office and introduced to the entire staff.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our company as an employee?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Stress free.

Coder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Chesterfield, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a great interview with the coding managers and really felt like they understood what i was looking for. Then I was sent a set of patient notes to code.

Interview Questions

• I had to code 7 patient visits.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cuba, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Cuba, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a job fair open to anyone interested in the positions/company. This included the basic overall application of everyone to submit their information and experience to the senior staff of the company. After completion of the job fair, a follow up interview was held to have one on one interviews with the senior staff members. Here, you explained your experience in AR and how you would benefit the company. Once the senior staff made their final decision, a follow up call was made to offer me the position. Yes, I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Cuba, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Cuba, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical interview, I was asked if I knew what I'd be doing if hired, about my past experience in this field (which was none and that's okay), I was told the hours and given an overview of how some things work. I was told about the history of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back asking simple questions on previous experience to see if you would fit the roll and job. They wanted to know your basic knowledge of billing and AR.

Interview Questions

• What does a COB mean?
      How many years of billing experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wildwood, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Wildwood, MO) in January 2009.

Interview

Different style, very conversational vs. asking a lot of questions. Getting to know my background and long term goals and objectives.

Interview Questions

• Again - more of a conversation than asking a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wildwood, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Wildwood, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

The HR Manager and upper management who interviewed me were both exceptional. Professional, yet authentic, passionate and astute. They are very welcoming and exude positivity, confidence, human warmth and momentum. I am not one who is discerning, and not easily impressed. I am impressed with these people and this organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I want to give you a chance....

Anonymous Employee in Wildwood, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Wildwood, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a company that recommended me to NMBS. I was called by the AR directors secretary within a few days after sending my resume to come in for an interview. I went on one interview and was given a tour of the entire office. My first thoughts was this was a very professional company and all the staff and employees were so friendly, greeting me while on the tour and everything. I was first interviewed by HR and was asked several AR questions since that was the job I was applying for. Basic questions if you have experience like what does EOB, RA, TPL stand for. I was also asked what is a revenue cycle and asked to explain what and IVR was and things like what is a copy vs coinsurance etc. I was then interviewed by the AR director who went over with me what my job would entail and the company back ground. Total interview from start to finish was about an hour long. I was not nervous at all and the senior staff I interviewed with made me feel very comfortable. Later that day within about 4 hours I was offered a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question for me was what are the stages of a revenue cycle. I had a general idea of what this was but wasn't able to express it clearly but they did a great job in educating me on what their revenue cycle was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiated since I was offered what I wanted which is what I was currently making at my previous employer at the time.