Cover image for National Medical Billing Services

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

National Medical Billing Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 36 of over 36 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Medical Billing Services

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

The interview process was the best I’ve ever seen. I had one phone screening where HR described the nature of the job, asked me a few very basic questions about my skills and interests, and answered any questions I had. Very quickly after that was my actual interview with the person I would be working directly under; no form questions here! He sat down with me and obviously had already read my resume and knew what skills I would bring to the table. We discussed the actual job and what I was looking for in a position to make sure it would all be a good fit. All the questions were tailored to me and felt relevant, I didn’t wait more than 2-3 minutes for my interview to start, and everyone was very friendly and made me feel like my time was valued and I was important to them. It was incredibly refreshing to feel like the company was valuing me before I even started.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were tailored to me, my experience, and the specific job I was applying for.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Chesterfield, MO)

Interview

Was told by the administrative assistant that i'd be contacted by someone to schedule an in-person interview and never was contacted, so I had to e-mail them myself. The interview with the VP was very awkward--he did not seem the most intriguing when talking about the company and role. After the very short interview we had (he barely asked any questions), he gave me a quick tour and never reached out afterwards to tell me that I did/did not receive the position. The work culture did not seem the best.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

126.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=National Medical Billing Services~453299
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about National Medical Billing Services? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with National Medical Billing Services employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in Cuba, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Cuba, MO) in Sep 2019

Interview

My first interview was by phone. I then went to their office for face to face with three members of senior staff. The interview was casual and very relaxed. I If you have good values as a person that is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about friendly competition?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Saint Louis, MO) in Mar 2019

Interview

The phone interview with HR went great and I thought I had a pretty clear vision of what the job would entail. The in-person interview did not go as well. Interviewer seemed distracted and annoyed that I was taking up his time.

Interview Questions
  • How familiar are you with Excel?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Chesterfield, MO) in Oct 2018

Interview

There were two interviews. One was over the phone and the other was with the department supervisor. Then I took a test. They did a background and check references Then an offer was made and I accepted

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cuba, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Cuba, MO) in Jul 2018

Interview

Very fexible scheduling the interview, laid back environment and overall a short process. Meeting was one on one with a couple managers. Very relaxed atmosphere very nice employees. Asked about previous work experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cuba, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Cuba, MO) in Apr 2018

Interview

I came in for an interview with the Senior Manager over patient accounts, she asked many questions to see if I would be a good fit for the team, very intriguing the way she was describing the job and how much there is to learn from it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Upon arrival, a manager verified who I was before letting me into the building, and was very accommodating while I waited in the lobby. I only had to wait about 15 minutes for the interview. When I walked in, there were two managers fully prepared for the interview, and they took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions
  • Have you seen our core values posted on the wall?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Saint Louis, MO) in Feb 2018

Interview

Fast. VP said adamantely that it is a high stress environment. Close minded on revenue cycle processes and management. Offer the next day. Changed remote agreement to "we will try and see if it works".

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Medical Billing Services (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2018

Interview

it was good, brief and to the point. the interviewer was very vague about most of my questions though and didn't have some of the answers i was looking for

Interview Questions
  • how long have i been doing this and why did i leave my last employer
Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Interviews

National Medical Billing Services Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at National Medical Billing Services as 83.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.45 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for A/R and A/R Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and AR Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at National Medical Billing Services takes an average of 6 days when considering 37 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Coder had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas A/R roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 14 days).

Common stages of the interview process at National Medical Billing Services according to 37 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 22.89%