National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.2

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

4 Person Panel Interview, Each person asked a question from a list and wanted you to explain how you performed actions relating to the question at a place of employment

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (Lanham, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Joint Polar Satellite Systems (JPSS) NESDIS located in Lanham, MD the questions were not too difficult but basically went over what I have done and how it would relate to satellites systems.

Specialty Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

phone call interview 45 min(technical questions only) the recruiter set up the interview
    head office is second interview 30 min( very brief, mix of technical questions, personal, and walk through resume)

Interview Questions

• how you connect to DB?
      What tool do u use?
      what is current version of oracle is in ur company?
      walk me though upgrade process?
      how to manage ASM?
      Answer Question

North Pacific Observer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A 45 minute phone call. I was on hold half of the time and the person giving the interview kept forgetting which question he was on. Basically, I was asked if I could handle living in tight quarters, with lots of 'rough on the edges' men.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations and isolation?   1 Answer

NOAA Corps Interview

Interview

Very extensive application process. Included letters of recommendation, official transcripts, and three essays. The interview lasted 1.5 hours. Series of questions along the lines of situations and challenges you would face being on a ship for three years. There are multiple questions about how you feel being away from you family. Definitely prepare a list of questions to ask, because they will give you the time. NOAA will not help with any travel expenses, so plan accordingly. Also, get your application in early, because you will have more flexibility of an interview location, most likely closer to your home.

Interview Questions

• By law as a uniformed service officer, if America goes to war, you will be sent. Is this a problem with you and your family?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.

Interview

It is mostly technical related issues. Asked about the project worked and what are the areas of interest. Discussed in details about the work they are doing at NOAA. The interview lasted about hour. 30 min for the presentation about previous work and other experiences , future plans. It is a go to meeting set up. They made me feel real comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is the influence of cloud cover over the radiation fluxes ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (Panama City, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I emailed the head of the lab asking about job openings. He asked me to submit my resume and some letters of recommendation. We later scheduled a phone interview. The phone call was friendly and they only asked a few questions. The rest was more informational about the lab and intern duties.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy. I was referred by a friend and this allowed me to obtain the job. I was eager to get started and did within a day because they wanted my work. It was a simple phone call and a one on one. They asked me a couple of questions and I responded with confidence and was very laid back. Very happy with the outcome.

NOAA Corps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (Honolulu, HI) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very involved. After the extensive application process (complete with transcripts, references), the interview I personally had took about TWO hours. That being said the interviewee was very pleasant and was comfortable to talk with. Was given many opportunities to describe my skills and abilities as a leader.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with taking orders from people? Especially when you don't necessarily agree with them?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.

Interview

It was a behavioral based interview process with about 10 behavioral questions. It was a panel of three and you were expected to answer the questions using the STAR method. Panels members were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• None the of questions were really unexpected or out of the norm.   Answer Question

Accepted another offer.