National Oilwell Varco Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Oilwell Varco Engineering Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Recruiter phone interviewed to discuss your working experience and skills. told you the interview process, when and where and who you will meet. A manager interviewed with you first and then a general manager talked with you. Asked your available day and salary requirement. Walked you out of door.

Interview Questions

• What are NOV products and how much you know.   2 Answers
  • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? How you deal with conflict in working and control the quality of your work.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Longview, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewing Process consisted of two phone interviews
    one lasted for 15 minutes and was very generalized the next one was 35 minutes with more specialized question. For the first generalized interview I talked with a woman from the HR department and she set up second interview in the department she felt I would fit in with the best.

Interview Questions

• One question I received was over my experience with the interference tool on SolidWorks   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Company is a subsidiary of NOV. Initial communication with the company was good. Planning of interview was poor. Always be ready for written technical test. I guess I was not prepared

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The process was great. A 1 on 1 interview after a phone interview. Mostly information about what the company does and how you would fit in. I would recommend showing any true enthusiasm for working for this company during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do with your engineering career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

smooth and no surprises

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite color?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in October 2008.

Interview

Regular interview including background check.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't push for the sake of pushing. In the current economy people are willing to accept low offers.