National Oilwell Varco Field Service Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Oilwell Varco Field Service Technician Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview is a general question/answer format about work experience, your contributions, expectations and then the manager or supervisors will break out a schematic of a particular piece of NOV equipment.

The schematic test is designed to stress you out, especially if you are new to the industry. They want to see how you handle under pressure, if you will give up or get frustrated. Just take your time and work through the process, if you are familiar with schematics you will probably do great, if not, it's ok, they will help you through as long as you demonstrate you can learn as you go and keep trying.

Interview Questions

• Troubleshoot a top drive motor given a verbal description of the problem and a schematic of the piece of equipment in use.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

I was asked for my resume from a tech to fill the position in the Permian Basin. After a few weeks of hit and miss attempts to meet our schedules met up and we got together over my lunch at the NOV facility and just had an awesome conversation and interview.

Interview Questions

• The biggest issue about hiring people in Midland-Odessa is a lot have a bad driving record, do drugs, and are not self starters.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Bryan, TX).

Interview

HR was super friendly, but interview process needs to be revamped. Interview took place in a room full of people, including an engineer who used his intelligence to belittle while the others laughed. If you are not familiar with the way they specifically do things you are considered an idiot.

Interview Questions

• To draw electrical schematics related to specific pumps that they manufacture   Answer Question

Knot enough money or growth potential

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was straight to the point and concise. Very professional environment. I interviewed with the hiring manager and also my recruiter. I had got positive feedback during the entire interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

At first it was a phone interview then I was brought to the Houston location for a interview with two of the managers and myself. I was asked to solve a problem by reading through the schematics and finding the correct component. it wasn't too bad.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from HR after online application. Process took about a month. Had two interviews,phone and onsite technical interview. Took an online skills test then at the onsite interview was asked to take another test. Pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult,it was all stuff you should be familiar with if you have an engineering degree. I was a little over qualified for the position (I have a masters).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple,straight forward and direct.

Anonymous Employee in Kilgore, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Kilgore, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

1.) Went to the nearest facility, and filled out an application.
    2.) Got a call back from a manager when they were finally hiring.
    3.) Was interviewed within a few days of the call back.
    4.) After background check and urine test cleared I was hired within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation just a base starting rate.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luanda, Luanda (Angola)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Luanda, Luanda (Angola)) in July 2015.

Interview

So it was goog applying for NOV because i know well this company in Angola
    and i hope you guys helped me to get this position .as i told you i am Service Technician.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in October 2011.

Interview

They sent me a test online to take first. Then I had a phone interview. I then had a group interview with four people. I also had to take a skills tell on the date of the interview. The interview went well and then I was given a tour of the facility and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Could I handle the travel requirements.   1 Answer