National Oilwell Varco Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Oilwell Varco Intern Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a family friend who knew someone very high up in the company. After a brief email correspondence with this very-high-up person, I sent them my resume. He forwarded it to other directors, who passed it down and it ended up on the desk of my supervisor-to-be. He needed an intern for the summer, and I was the first he called.

Interview Questions

• How are you the most qualified candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (College Station, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

-Applied through university recruiting website
    -Received call to schedule skype interview
    -Went to company informational
    -Interviewed and received call next week asking me to schedule second interview with the manager I would be working with
    -Second interview was more informal. Just a discussion about what I have done and my experience and what I would be doing on the internship
    -Given offer a week or so later and declined

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working on a team of people who are all older than you?   Answer Question

The other offer was more money and NOV does not have a rotational program for graduates. The reviews on GlassDoor also deterred me.

Anonymous Employee in Navasota, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Navasota, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Contacted HR to see if any internship positions were available. I heard back almost immediately. I was first given a phone interview with the hiring manager. Afterwards, I was invited to come do an on site interview. Both interviews were very relaxed. The questions were mostly about my skills and experience. Within a day or two of the on site interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.