National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National Oilwell Varco

2.6

1. Featured Interview

HSE Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

very brief but precise information on the expectation of the job requirement. Previous experience dealing with clients and managing HSE Management system is required. Upon interview with HR and Supervisor, decision will be know in next few days.

Interview Questions

• How long you in HSE industry?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was a telephonic call with hiring manager. And then had a coding exercise (Go). Then had a presentation of the coding exercise with manager and one other team member.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

It was one of the most disorganized interviews I have ever experienced during the last year. They have not sent the address and I had to drive to several locations to find which one I need to go for the interview. They did not reimburse the rental car and the hotel. Very strange. Human resources and recruiters are not responsive. I declined their offer immediately after they sent it to me because based on my experience you should stay far away from a company like this.

Engineering Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a phone interview with complete HR based questions and the questions were really context-based and tricky. There was a bit of confusion at the start about the schedule for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you and your colleague disagreed about an idea?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 members of their development team. Did a few whiteboarding questions and talked about the company's development goals and how my qualifications could be a fit. Questions were moderately difficult but not very lengthy.

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with different managers and other Application Engineers. Somewhat casual and did not ask very difficult questions. Mostly asked about experience and explained what the day-to-day duties are for an applications engineer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with speaking to potential clients through the phone or email?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

On Site interview with the manager and director with teleconference to team members at different location. Some simple technical questions and lots of behavioral questions. The interview was about an hour.

Hydraulic Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

The whole interview process was a horrible experience, i was told to come in friday a week ago, then tuesday of this week then friday again this week, turns out it was a group interview when i got there, which was okay. When we all got there we started off with a tour of the warehouse as if we got the job to begin with, with a guy showing us multiple areas for how big the warehouse, then each of us had to take a 15 question test that show "at what level we would start the job at" FALSE it was basically to show if you got the job or not, most of the questions on the test were stuff you teach someone IN A DAY. as in what the top of the bolt signifies, what 40 grate pipe compared to 80 grate pipe was? after the interviews you were taken in groups to basically get told you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want this job?   1 Answer

Shared Services Order Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

In response to my online application through the NOV career webpage, I received a phone call five days later from the hiring manager. We spoke briefly and set up an in-person interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager and another department manager together. Interview was very relaxed and lasted between 45 minutes to an hour. I received a call the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would we know you were stressed? How would that come across?   1 Answer

R&D Interview

Interview

the interview was held at the location of my position. Since I was going to work in Navasota I went to their office there for the interview. The interview was roughly 2 hours long with project managers and location VP seating for the interview. The interview questions had basic personality questions as well as questions relating to the position I was applying for.

Pathway Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

I first got in contact with them through a career fair at school (UH). I then applied and was contacted about 4 days later. I then was scheduled for a phone interview.