National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.6

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. They require the standard background check, drug test and multiple interviews that must companies require. They do interview through video chat, which is a big plus.

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monongahela, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Monongahela, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Multiple interview process. Very professional. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and also the operations manager of the shop I would be selling for. First interview was for an hour and very thorough. I felt comfortable and atmosphere was great in a private office. Second interview was in a bigger private office and was over 2 hours. Nice experience all around.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you overcame your competition ? What strategies did you use?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

It went very good, I asked a lot of questions. I was very interested in knowing what it was that I would be responsible for. The hours that I would be working. If I was going to work weekends. I was also concerned on the flexibility of the company. The benefits was a plus... great benefits.

Interview Questions

• How far do you work from home?   1 Answer

Electrical Designer/Drafter I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 person interview. Very casual and they just wanted to see what I know about electrical drafting. They introduce themselves and so did I. We just talked like any other interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about schematic diagrams. How long have you done this. Tell us about yourself. If two assignments were given to you both needed to be done today and you didn't have enough time how would you deal with the situation. How much do you know about the software and the system that we run on. How much experience do you have with electrical drawings and diagrams.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Recruiter phone interviewed to discuss your working experience and skills. told you the interview process, when and where and who you will meet. A manager interviewed with you first and then a general manager talked with you. Asked your available day and salary requirement. Walked you out of door.

Interview Questions

• What are NOV products and how much you know.   2 Answers
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? How you deal with conflict in working and control the quality of your work.   1 Answer

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calexico, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Calexico, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was a little long because it was through a staffing company. First I was contacted by them by phone, then after arranging some document submitting and phone interviews, the staffing company arranged an one on one interview with local manager. Interview passed, and then after some days, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in import and export compliance?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Conroe, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very easy and relaxing. I had the opportunity to meet with the hiring management boss who was very nice and open. I also interview with the sales managers which provide some great insight on how the department operation process work together. Got an overview of their software product and awesome facility. Also met with other developers. The hiring manager did not ask too many difficult technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is my strongest skill set?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Very casual. This was a 2:1 interview with the person I was replacing who had been there for 7 years and the branch manager. I was not offered the job for several weeks, after the other person they hired had failed.

Receptions Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (East Houston, TX).

Interview

It all went well everything was basic questions and typing test, and numerical order. Punctuation test. Fill out paper work for background. Fill out the information for a parking space.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brenham, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Brenham, TX).

Interview

I applied at a temp service. They send me to interview. GM and HR were interviewing me. I got shown around in the facility and explained what the job requirements were. They hired me the same day and offered me 12$ an hour non salary. After 3 month they hired me away from the Temp Service

Interview Questions

• what my qualifications are?
      what my work experience is?
      When can i start?