National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.6

Quality Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Provo, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

They started with a phone interview. It was a three way call between me, HR, and the hiring manager. After the typical interview questions, I was asked to make an appointment to come and visit with them. I did so over email, and went into a sit-down interview. After interviewing with the entire team, each who asked questions, they took us all to lunch and promised a call back. I had an offer within two days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Had initial phone call. There were two people on speaker. Asked mostly behavioral questions, and asked about current projects and what I was interested in. I was then contacted by email by the end of the week for second rounds. They put us in a hotel where we were given an itinerary for the night and following day. First night, social with current Next Gens. Following day tour of facilities, group activities, 2 interviews, and a dinner with upper management that was really nice. HR is great at this company! And the company atmosphere is very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you failed at, what would you have done differently ?   Answer Question

I/E Tech Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Walked in and did interview with HR and Department Manager they asked a series of question in regards to the position in which i was applying for. Also I had to take a written test onsite. Plant tour afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about CNC?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. I interviewed with one manager and one director. They asked behavioral questions. Both were very friendly. Be sure to ask informative questions after the interview. I wrote down a list of questions; they were really impressed. I had a walk through tour of the facility and was introduced to a few employees. Be sure to have a firm hand shake.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

behavioral based interviewer. The interviewer asked a total of four questions, and some basic questions regarding the job function and my history. They did not phrase questions regarding my resume other than my school information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Lubbock, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was following my university's career fair. Overall it was a positive experience, but pretty tough questions. The interviewer was not very personable and was an all-business interview, rather than "let me get to know you and your personality."

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at NOV?   Answer Question
    • Situation question about a supply chain scenario and what your solution would be/how you would go about finding a solution.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted an employee who pushed my resume to one of the hiring managers. The hiring manager emailed to set up an interview time. Had a telephonic interview that was scheduled to take 30 minutes. The following day I sent a follow up thank you letter to the manager. Several weeks later I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had a challenge in a team environment? How did you overcome the challenge?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, nothing too crazy. Very friendly and did not feel intimidated during the interview. I was asked basic interview questions about manufacturing and the experience I have had during my internships. I really enjoyed the interview process with National Oilwell Varco and everyone I have met with seems very down to earth, Could be a great company to work for.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was hired through a staffing agency. The process was pretty simple. I applied one day and was working the next. There weren't too many questions asked. Just general office related things. I am still here and grateful to be. They do a good job of teaching you a lot to make you more valuable to the company.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, 2 30 minute interviews with a team of 2. One mainly technical, one behavioral.

Interview on site
    Had a great time in the city, they wine and dine you 2 nights and put you up in a nice hotel. It was nice to interview with 50 or so candidates met a lot of interesting people. Interview was a lot easier here.