National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.6

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Bryan, TX).

Interview

HR was super friendly, but interview process needs to be revamped. Interview took place in a room full of people, including an engineer who used his intelligence to belittle while the others laughed. If you are not familiar with the way they specifically do things you are considered an idiot.

Interview Questions

• To draw electrical schematics related to specific pumps that they manufacture   Answer Question

Knot enough money or growth potential

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very intense 2 day interview process. Exhausting but fun. Only 2 actual interviews but really the whole thing is an interview. There is a huge emphasis on social interactions so make sure you talk to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a hard time putting your ideas into words.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Was selected for a phone interview after I gave my resume to a recruiter at our career fair. Was asked mostly behavior questions during that time. About two weeks later I was selected for the second and final interview process, where they flew me to Houston. Most of the interview reviews listed below are the exact process: Dinner the first night, be very social then a facility tour with 2 interviews (one on one) asking situational and just general questions. And then a final dinner with higher management as well as execs. Make sure you are friendly to everyone, no matter who it is. Everything is a test it almost feels like but everyone is very friendly, so conversations are not hard to start if you're a social person. Be yourself because you don't want to work for a company that you aren't going to fit into.

Interview Questions

• -How do you describe being successful?
      -Give me a time where you were shared confidential information and what was the process you followed after receiving such information?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Theres no negotiation as everyone in your program/major will receive the same salary figure.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Applied via college career gateway for on campus interview. Face to face. Mostly Behavioral interview with one verbal case study. Very relaxed interview with the manager of the team you will work with.

Interview Questions

• How you would solve a business problem.
      What are your Salary expectations?   1 Answer

Interview

Be prepared to answer thought questions. Must be a go getter. Honesty and a good sense of humor helps. ,it's be reliable and she loyalty. Dress we'll and learn about the product they work on. Communication skills is a must.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do when you had to deal with a boss you didn't like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. They rolled out the red carpet.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interview process. First interview was to discuss job role and requirements/responsibilities. Second interview was to discuss specific attributes of the role and related experience. Final process took an extended time to do back ground check, MVR, etc...

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to the position?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was long and difficult. Don't expect to prepare for the interview. It was 4 to 1, 4 of them asked me questions. Your next question based on your previous answer. It was a personal behavior test. If they like you, they will hire you.

Executive Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was very thorough. The interview was conducted by a Sr Exec. Account Manager and a Sr Engineering Manager. Questions tested my knowledge in the field, and overall understanding of the drilling process. Follow up from both of the managers took about a week, but the feedback was very thorough.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was straight to the point and concise. Very professional environment. I interviewed with the hiring manager and also my recruiter. I had got positive feedback during the entire interview process.

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Extensive, yet the easiest interview process I've been though. Everything was mostly personality based, with little technical questions. We were being watched on how we handle ourselves, and if we get along with people in our field.

- Phone screen
    - Then extensive on-site interview process: Cocktail social, company presentations, 3 rounds of interviews by managers in your field, finally a dinner with managers.