National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Applied via college career gateway for on campus interview. Face to face. Mostly Behavioral interview with one verbal case study. Very relaxed interview with the manager of the team you will work with.

Interview Questions

• How you would solve a business problem.
      What are your Salary expectations?
      1 Answer

Interview

Be prepared to answer thought questions. Must be a go getter. Honesty and a good sense of humor helps. ,it's be reliable and she loyalty. Dress we'll and learn about the product they work on. Communication skills is a must.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do when you had to deal with a boss you didn't like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. They rolled out the red carpet.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interview process. First interview was to discuss job role and requirements/responsibilities. Second interview was to discuss specific attributes of the role and related experience. Final process took an extended time to do back ground check, MVR, etc...

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to the position?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was long and difficult. Don't expect to prepare for the interview. It was 4 to 1, 4 of them asked me questions. Your next question based on your previous answer. It was a personal behavior test. If they like you, they will hire you.

Executive Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was very thorough. The interview was conducted by a Sr Exec. Account Manager and a Sr Engineering Manager. Questions tested my knowledge in the field, and overall understanding of the drilling process. Follow up from both of the managers took about a week, but the feedback was very thorough.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was straight to the point and concise. Very professional environment. I interviewed with the hiring manager and also my recruiter. I had got positive feedback during the entire interview process.

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Extensive, yet the easiest interview process I've been though. Everything was mostly personality based, with little technical questions. We were being watched on how we handle ourselves, and if we get along with people in our field.

- Phone screen
    - Then extensive on-site interview process: Cocktail social, company presentations, 3 rounds of interviews by managers in your field, finally a dinner with managers.

Field Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

The recruiter called me to set a mechanical and personality test after-which he said that I would be contacted by him to complete a final phone interview. From there I went to the store and got a one on one interview with the store manager where they put me in the shop to see if I could pick up on what the company was all about.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Bridgeport, TX).

Interview

After a friend recommended me to his employer, I was asked to drive to the Bridgeport office for an interview. After a brief conversation about my qualifications, they told me that I had the job. I had to come in for a briefing and a physical, but the process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions, "why do you want to work for this company?" "Why do you feel that you would be a good fit?" "Are you willing to work hard?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed rate per hour, $14.50.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Was contacted by a HR rep and had a phone interview. Followed by an on-campus interview in Cedar Park, Texas. The interview was more about what the position was rather than a skills interview.