National Oilwell Varco NEXT GENERATION PROGRAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Oilwell Varco NEXT GENERATION PROGRAM Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Tons of candidates, from all across the country, all with different academic disciplines. We had a social the night before, then broke off into smaller groups for dinner. Had fun, make sure to talk and make yourself known. Next day had a benefits presentation then two one on one interviews, be on your toes the questions can get technical.

Interview Questions

• Situation type questions, asking what you would do if specific scenarios came about.   1 Answer

Not a high enough pay

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

on-campus interviewed with two group of interviewers. I received a call from one of my interviewers on the next day and invited me to an office visit. At the office visit, I had five 30 minutes 1-1 interviews. All the interviewers are VP. All the people from NOV are very friendly and nice. I didn't get the offer at the end, but it is really a great company.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The on campus interview was very comfortable, but long. There were two 30 min interviews with two people each. The on-site interview was 2 days long, consisting of dinner with current employees,breakfast with CEO, two 30-min interviews, a plant tour, and dinner with the top levels of management

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Had initial phone interview, pretty straightforward, mostly behavioral questions, just be yourself and show you are really interested. Was invited back for second round in Houston, only two 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews, pretty much everything else was interacting and meeting employees of the company. They want to see how you react in a social setting and what your networking abilities are. Make sure you have good questions to ask everyone, because you will meet ALOT of people. Once again, show that you are really interested and have done your research, your not expected to be an oil & gas expert, but make sure you have an idea of whats going on.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

Know yourself very well because questions asked during the interview are generated from what you have told the interviewer. Make sure you stand out and show them what makes you unique. Be attentative to the morning presentations because it can be used in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• With all the good qualifications and offers you already have, why do want to work for this company and not Shell, Chevron or Exxon?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Always survey the market in general to know what you are worth to be able to negotiate.

NEXT GENERATION PROGRAM Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2011.

Interview

This was the on campus interview offered by National Oilwell Varco for it's Next Generation Program. The interview was a day after the presentation in which NOV employees spoke about the company and the Next Generation Program. They stressed that they were seeking the "best and brightest." However, I don't understand how you can find that with a 2.7 (and lower in some cases) GPA requirement. Nonetheless, the morning of the interview, I spoke with 2 employees for 30 minutes followed by 2 other employees for 30 minutes. The questions were typical behavioral and experience-related questions.