National Oilwell Varco Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Conroe, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very easy and relaxing. I had the opportunity to meet with the hiring management boss who was very nice and open. I also interview with the sales managers which provide some great insight on how the department operation process work together. Got an overview of their software product and awesome facility. Also met with other developers. The hiring manager did not ask too many difficult technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is my strongest skill set?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Went through a consulting company. Had 2 interviews with the hiring manager. Was offered the position right at the end of the 2nd interview. On the 1st interview, I was asked if I knew a certain language which I didn't and told them that I am very quick learner. After talking to me, the hiring manager gave me a URL for a tutorial and asked me to review and come back in a week to see how much I learned. I told my recruiter that I wanted to come back in 4 days. After I came back in 4 days I was able to demo the application that I created and the hiring manager was very happy with my performance.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in May 2013.

Interview

Skype interview on what would become my department manager. That was it. Interview was a lot about cultural fit, and somewhat about experience and future objectives. They also asked for references and later I was contacted by HR with the offer, which was above my expectation.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to leverage software development at NOV?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leduc, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Leduc, AB (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied to their online application. I got a phone call from the manager after about two weeks and he asked me to come for the interview. The interview panel had 3 senior software engineers (including the manager, no HR people). First, they asked some personal and behavioral question (where did I study, which courses I have taken, my projects, thesis, my previous experience, my goal etc.) then there was a short skill test where I had to answer a few programming / Db questions. I only had to give the algorithm for the programming questions and only one was really tricky. I got an offer in 7days.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

2 steps:
    Phone interview: They will ask everything about the working experience in software area
    F2F interview: Similar to phone interview

Interview Questions

• They need people who know how to take care the whole software development life cycle. So they have a lot of questions about how to manage software projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leduc, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Leduc, AB (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

I was called in by the manager for an in person interview at Leduc, AB. There were two other senior software engineers with the software manager. First, they asked about some HR questions (telling about myself, my previous experience etc.) then there was an skill test. After few days the manager called me again to join the team as a associate software engineer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in September 2011.

Interview

There were two parts. First was technical part, just some basic questions. Second was behavioral part. Make sure you prepare well for behavioral questions.