National Park Service Park Guide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Park Service Park Guide Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Park Service (Athens, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a supervisory ranger. It lasted about 1 hour. She asked the usual interview questions as well as some more in-depth questions about park specific material.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you worked well with a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Park Service

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Park Service (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 or so months to hear back, I got an email asking to schedule a phone interview. After that it was a simple phone interview, it was pretty easy. A phone call, then the usual pre-employment questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a difficult customer or situation in the workplace. What did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Park Guide Interview

Application

I interviewed at National Park Service in April 2014.

Interview

Email, followed by a phone call. Flexible with time and able expect over the phone interview and hiring. This process can be quick or elongated depending on the particular hiring official. The interview is more of a conversation than anything

Interview Questions

• Expect some kind of probing into your technical knowledge so do your research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

5 minutes tops.

Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Park Service (Valley Forge, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

you get a phone call and someone will ask you some questions. they really don't care what you say because they asked me what my gpa was I told them 3.1. my friend also applyed for the job and he had a 3.5 gpa but they didn't take him. instead they took too idiots with 2.1 gpa. they tell you the job will be one thing, but then they make something else up when you get there.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you had a problem.   1 Answer