National Recreation and Park Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Recreation and Park Association Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Recreation and Park Association

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Recreation and Park Association.

Interview

Met with HR manager, hiring manager and another member of team for about an hour. Was told I was going to be brought in for another interview to meet additional members of the team. They kept reiterating "fit" was important to them. As it is to me, so I was surprised to get an offer after an hour interview. I asked if I could come back in to meet more of the team. Was told no. Asked if I could have an extra day to decide. Was also told no. Declined offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you handled a difficult situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Received a phone call from HR regarding my application I had submitted and was left a voicemail. I called back five times that day and over the course of a week left three voicemails and even e-mailed HR regarding calling back to the voicemail and received NO response back. What a joke that HR is. Their loss.

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Recreation and Park Association (Ashburn, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

The job posting was accurate and invited candidates to submit resumes. After HR reviewed I got to meet the Department VP. The process was quick and honest from start to finish. I was asked for my views and goals for employment.

Interview Questions

• Why would you give up a job in downtown D.C. The answer was obvious.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open and honest.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Recreation and Park Association in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, folllowed by panel style interview with department staff.
    Do homework on organization, membership, mission, initiatives and goals.
    Great location but far from DC. Park like setting is nice but remote. Nicely appointed offices and facility. Has small work out room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiating or range to wiggle.