National Research Council Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Research Council Canada Interview Questions

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Interview

It can be a long process. First you should go to their web site and find a "sponsor." There will be research descriptions for available sponsors. DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST. Pick one that will be a good mutally fit. The work should sound interesting to you and your skills should align with thier goals. Next, contact the sponsor and if they have mutual interest you put together a proposal. The proposal is then graded and if you get a high enough score you are selected.

Interview Questions

• The proposal review is a blind review. It is hard to predict what will get a good or bad score, but be sure that everything is in the proper format.   Answer Question

Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I received the interview email about two months after I applied online. The interview was planned for more than a month later! They said it is going to be Technical and Behavioural questions. They sent me the behavioural questions 24hour before the interview. Four persons were present in the interview room. One of them was from HR. They had printed the questions before and there was a copy in front of me and interviewers. They read the questions in turns like robots. When I was answering, they never interrupted me nor asked any detail questions. They seemed to be not interested whatsoever in a way that I could not tell which of them is the HR!! They did not ask for the references either.
    Now, two months is passed and I have not heard from them yet, they are not even responding to my emails and phone calls. Very frustrating!

It is absolutely unprofessional to not respond after the interview. Can you imagine what it’s like to work for a place that spends a significant amount of time to interview yet not follow up?
    This demonstrates ignorance and likely a very chaotic environment that treats employees like crap! very childish!

Do not ignore your job applicants like a 19 year old girl avoiding texts from a dude. Own the rejection, and we will too.

One positive note – I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural question:  Has there ever been a time when you were able to use an idea or resource from another discipline to help solve a problem in your area?   Answer Question
    • Behavioural question: How do you keep in touch with clients throughout the duration of projects?   Answer Question
    • Behavioural question: Provide an example of a time when you had to consult with others before making a decision.   Answer Question
    • Behavioural question: How do you determine whether you are successful in your work?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

On-line submission of resume, telephone interview, on-site interview, paper work, oral offer.
    For the telephone interview, I talked about my research to two persons from NRC. For on-site interview, I was invited to give a talk at NRC, Ottawa.

Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada in March 2015.

Interview

Reviewed my resume. Asked more details about the projects that I had done and had mentioned in my resume. Talked about their project. Talked about my status in Canada and when I will finish my program.

Interview Questions

• Asked more details about the projects that I had done and had mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got an email went to test and interview. Then they send you to a worspace and ask you to write an exam, which is WOrd and Excel. Another Exam is given and it's more of the job description.make sure to read and study the technical experience section.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montréal-Nord, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada (Montréal-Nord, QC (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Standard in person interview with a big focus on technical questions. Very little focus on behavioral competencies. Researchers at the institute and HR were present. Everyone was asked the same set of questions and the panel wrote everything down as I answered.

Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada.

Interview

Had a phone interview. The questions asked were very basic and straightforward to see whether your knowledge learnt from school is in line with the job posted.

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Resume review with HR, email exchanges, 3 hour written exam testing basic knowledge and creativity, telephone discussions, panel interview testing past experience and including a formal presentation (preparation time to be considered), reference and security checks, drafting and review of a statement of professional development document to determine salary starting point, salary negotiations; lengthy, demanding and intensive process

Interview Questions

• Asked to give examples of past experiences that relate to the job specifications   Answer Question

Technical Officer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada in October 2010.

Interview

i did not doing good on the skill test, the model of equipment for the test is a one i have never seen before. i

so be prepared for everything, maybe ask details before th einterview.

Interview Questions

• can you intriduce your self, and why you applied this position.   Answer Question

Research Support and Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Research Council Canada (Moncton, NB (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied for the position in Feb., the interview took place in June. It was done via video conference using ooVoo software. There were four people from NRC: 1 HR, the hiring manager and 2 would be co-workers. It was a behavioural interview: they took turns asking questions. They would not elaborate on any question. I could answer it however I wanted, but they would not engage in any kind of dialog about the question or my answer. When I said my answer was complete, they went to the next question.

The email I received from the HR person said up front that it would be a behavioural interview and recommended that I prepare. Very good advice. But no indication of how to go about it. Google is your friend. Don't just read the sample questions you find. Select a broad sample of them and actually _write_ out your answers. This will force you to clarify your thinking.

Interview Questions

• how would you design an application for birdwatching?   1 Answer

unwilling to relocate to Moncton