National Stores Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Stores Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

1.8

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Stores Inc..

Interview

They do not have a format for interviewing it is all off the cuff, they will take just about anybody naive candidates. They will ask you a few questions about customer service and leadership style. The interview is mostly to see if you will be able to handle the grueling demands of the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work any schedule any shift any day including Christmas, Easter and any other holidays, they are open 365 days a year (normal business hrs) which are mandatory for store managers.   Answer Question

Sales Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at National Stores Inc..

Interview

Agency had emailed me about the position but failed to warn me about the type of people i would be working with, and the workload they would give at such a small rate

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Stores Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

This process is extremely disorganized much like the company in itself. A 3rd party recruiter reaches out conducts a phone screen, then another 3rd party recruiter interviews, followed by HR, LP and the head of the company. They look for candidates that have no forward thinking or strategic initiative.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle an environment that is not process driven and changes on an hourly basis?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Stores Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Not very formal or structured. Not in a very clean and organized setting. Interruptions during the process. More concerned about my professional and clean appearance then my skills and leadership abilities.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to turn the stores around?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at National Stores Inc. (Merced, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The Interview took place in the backroom. The district manager and I stood there while he asked me questions unrelated to the job. He proceeded to guide me around the store and show me how displeased he was with the stores performance and appearance. I filled out the forma l app and background. I waited three weeks and he called me to say they had been busy and were still in the process, but I was on the top of the list. He also told me that I was going to hear from the loss prevention supervisor for a phone interview. I waited 2 more weeks and called him. He assured me that the job was still available and that I was the prime candidate. 2 more weeks have gone by and I just saw the job posted back on the internet.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Stores Inc. (Burbank, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview for my position was held by the Director of Stores. I was also interviewed by two other DM on the same day. It generally is a two part interview held by the RVP and a second by the Director of Stores.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the Company?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Stores Inc. in May 2013.

Interview

Interview with District and regional management. Good interview, professional questions.

Interview Questions

no pay raises, 1 week vacation after working a year. This company does not appear to value its employees.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yuba City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Stores Inc. (Yuba City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Just submit the resume to the store manager for this company doesn't have application form neither online application. After that, wait for the call from the store manager for the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 questions that were asked to me before I get hired:
      "How do you describe yourself?"   Answer Question
    • How do you define a busy schedule?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Stores Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and I didn't have to say much. I applied in person and was called the next day. This company is a joke. The undervalue their employees and they budget unreasonably were employees are expected to meet incredible demands.

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Stores Inc. (Gardena, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

one interview and job offer same day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very quick and easy only issues in bonus, never did get during my tenure what was negotiated