National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National University of Singapore

2.6

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Washington, DC) in June 2019.

Interview

Original personal who was to interview me canceled 6 times and it was a revolving door of excuses as to each cancellation. This is just unacceptable for someone who is really looking for jobs.

CS PhD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

General questions about yourself, reasons for PhD, why Singapore, and also questions about your past research, future research interests. The interviewer is a professor at SoC, and the process is about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

Interview

it was in the same group so not much of an interview. but usually it involves a presentation of research experience and follow up questions, the skills are important than the exact work experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

This was for the PhD position at YLL School of Medicine. Regular PhD questions of why, what are your interests, post PhD plans; relocation to Singapore, potential lab interests. Easy enough. They specifically asked about the techniques I have learned. They also asked about grades.

Interview Questions

• One particular technique I had done two years ago. I managed to say the basics, but I honestly couldn't remember the details; as I'd done it only two.three times.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   3 Answers

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Mostly sharing of past experiences and acquired skills, pretty chill. PI just want to know more about applicants, and their future career plans. It was through Zoom and lasted around 30 minutes.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The office is super clean. The interviewer was very nice at the beginning but he gave some really tough requests later. I think they should make things more transparent to the public.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

The interview took forever to come. However, the 3 interviewers are very friendly and will guide you along during the interview process. It was a nice experience though the interview lasted around 45 mins.

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. The first was with the manager and the second was with the director and same manager. Straightforward interview questions. They were friendly and overall pleasant experience.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2020.

Interview

The initial part of the application process was OK. The interview took about 1.5 months to come, but to be fair I applied quite early in the application cycle. The interview went well, and I was told they would get back to me with further steps. And then radio silence.

For almost 3 months.

Every time I emailed them to inquire on the progress of my application, they would say that they were still processing the application and that they would get back to me when they have news. They wouldn't give me a timeline as to when they would get back to me either.

After 3 months, the semester started and I figured they weren't going to give me the job so I accepted another job offer. But the lack of courtesy to tell candidates that they weren't under consideration, even when they checked in via email, was extremely unprofessional. It left a very bad impression on me and would make me think twice about reapplying.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions from the module they were hiring for.   Answer Question