National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National University of Singapore Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.5

Interview

it was in the same group so not much of an interview. but usually it involves a presentation of research experience and follow up questions, the skills are important than the exact work experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

This was for the PhD position at YLL School of Medicine. Regular PhD questions of why, what are your interests, post PhD plans; relocation to Singapore, potential lab interests. Easy enough. They specifically asked about the techniques I have learned. They also asked about grades.

Interview Questions

• One particular technique I had done two years ago. I managed to say the basics, but I honestly couldn't remember the details; as I'd done it only two.three times.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in February 2017.

Interview

It was easy. Just a short introduction about myself. Why I am interested in doing research. What I was doing after graduation. The professor was an enthusiastic and friendly person. For most of the time, the professor was sharing about what the project is about and trying to get me interested.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

two rounds of interviews about a couple of weeks apart
    first round was with head of department and human resource exec
    second round was with vice-dean in-charge of department and human resource director

Interview Questions

• what relevant skills can you bring to the job
      what do you expect to get/learn from the job
      where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Application materials sent to the department --> Skype interview (2 weeks) --> Campus visit --> result pending. The interviewing committee was nice in thinking about how my research experiences and expertise may contribute to the department.

Interview Questions

• 1. Research interests
      2. Courses interested in teaching
      3. The long term plan (i.e., stay in Singapore in the long run)
      Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was largely based on my in class performance. It also depended on the fact that my research area coincided with the organisation's interests. The work hours also greatly matched my modules.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

I cannot remember the exact interview questions. However, after submitting the CV, there was only one round of interview with two directors of the department that I applied for.

The questions that they asked were typical interview questions such as why did you apply, what interests you in this field, do you have any related experiences in this field (does not have to be work experience).

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I applied for the job position via the university's job portal. I interviewed at National University of Singapore. Was contacted for an interview within a week. Went through the first round of interview pretty well and was asked to attend a second interview. Second round interview with higher management was challenging.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Met up with hiring dept twice and did 1 verbal assessment and 1 written assessment on 2nd interview to test candidate's knowledge. Hiring dept sent another written assessment via email. Felt that the assessments could have been sent before interviews and key decision maker should be in the first round of interview.

Interview Questions

Interviewers gave a different picture of the job description in the 1st and 2nd interview, and sent 2 rounds of written assessments which can be time-consuming for the job seeker.