National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National University of Singapore Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.5

Interview

it was in the same group so not much of an interview. but usually it involves a presentation of research experience and follow up questions, the skills are important than the exact work experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

This was for the PhD position at YLL School of Medicine. Regular PhD questions of why, what are your interests, post PhD plans; relocation to Singapore, potential lab interests. Easy enough. They specifically asked about the techniques I have learned. They also asked about grades.

Interview Questions

• One particular technique I had done two years ago. I managed to say the basics, but I honestly couldn't remember the details; as I'd done it only two.three times.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview by my phd supervisor, talked about work plan and research tasks. Nice and friendly environment in his office. meet with the research team and presented my work. the interview is very research oriented, without asking anything about personal life and personality

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Interview face to face, discuss problems related to the job, takes a while to respond back.
    Can get S pass or E pass
    Interviewer has good knowledge of the task
    He can quickly evaluate your skills

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Had one on-site interview with the PIs (3 of them). Two from NUS itself, and 1 from a collaborating institution. They were friendly and they asked mostly technical questions as well as my plans for future.

Interview Questions

• How I made the PDMS replicas of arterial models   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

My supervisor is very nice and understandable. He discuss with me about the future planes and what we can do together. Then I applied online and the process is smooth.

SCIENTIFIC OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Phone interview and one to two face-to-face interview. Phone interview lasted more than 40 minutes.Typical research interview which most questions are about final year project and research experience. Friendly interviewers and generally fast responses by email and phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your undergraduate final year project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in February 2017.

Interview

It was easy. Just a short introduction about myself. Why I am interested in doing research. What I was doing after graduation. The professor was an enthusiastic and friendly person. For most of the time, the professor was sharing about what the project is about and trying to get me interested.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

two rounds of interviews about a couple of weeks apart
    first round was with head of department and human resource exec
    second round was with vice-dean in-charge of department and human resource director

Interview Questions

• what relevant skills can you bring to the job
      what do you expect to get/learn from the job
      where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question